Celebration

Poe's POV:

This was so weird, seeing everyone dressed up like this. Our once plain and desolate camp had been completely transformed. Lights were strung up all around the massive food tent, and flowers lined the pathways.

Live music filled the air, setting the mood for the night. The lights were dim, but not so much we couldn't see where we were going. Lining the outskirts of the tent, massive trays of well orchestrated food filled almost every spot, the tablecloth barely showing.

No wonder we had cut our rations short for the past couple weeks. The chefs were saving all that food for the celebration.

Looking out across the dance floor, I found myself searching for Rey. Yet I couldn't find her. But what I did see was my friends along the back wall, over by the makeshift bar.

Seeing them for the first time tonight, I saw Finn had on a dark blue fitted suit, complementing Rose's Olive green floor length gown.

"Well don't you guys look lovely" I said. Both of them turned their heads around and greeted me at the party.

"Poe!" Finn said. "Don't you clean up nice," he added. Referring to my red suit, black dress shirt and tie underneath.

"Where were you? The party started half an hour ago?!" Finn shouted over the music which seemed to only get louder.

"I had some business I needed to take care of. It's all good now!" I shouted back so he would hear me.

Taking one more look around the room, I still couldn't find her. Where was she? "Hey, have either of you guys seen Rey?!" I yelled.

The two looked right at me, then both looked to the same spot behind me. Before I could ask what they were looking at, I heard a voice.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm a bit late! I got distracted" Rey said, with a nervous laugh at the end.

I immediately turned around so I could see her. And I could definitely see her.

"Rey, you look amazing!" Rose told her.

"Thank you! You look gorgeous!" Rey said in response.

My mind hit a hard reboot, trying to come up with something to say, but the wheel kept buffering. She looked stunning. Of Course she did. She's Rey. It's as if the dress was tailored by the gods, made just for her.

"We're so glad you decided to join". Finn told her. The music a bit quieter than before.

Finally back in reality, I knew I needed to say something. "And now that you're here, it's time for some real fun". I said. Smoothly, I slipped a serving tray out from one of the workers passing by, and held it out right in front of us. 5 shots on the tray.

Rey's eyes widened. "I've never had alcohol before" she explained. At least we'd be there for her.

"There's a first time for everything" Rose said, sliding the tiny glass in Rey's direction.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure nothing bad happens to you" Finn reassured her.

All of us picked up a glass. "Bottoms up" I shouted. All together we downed the liquid. I could feel it burn as it traveled down my throat.

Rey began coughing. "You alright?" I asked, putting my hand on her arm.

"This is something people do for fun?" she said, finally calming down after the initial shock.

"It's not for the taste, it's for the effect".

Before we could say another word to one another, the 5th shot was lifted off of the tray I was holding.