No Privacy

Rey's POV:

Waking up early, I thought I should get back into my routines so that way I can keep up with training.

While Ben was still asleep, I snuck out of the room, that way I wouldn't wake him up.

For the first time in a while, I was able to run through all my training exercises, some light running, lightsaber handling, and to top it all off some light meditation.

Famished, I made my way over to the food tent, wanting to grab some breakfast for me and Ben. Maybe someday he'll be able to join me on the training courses. That'd be the day.

For the first time in a while, I ran into Finn and Rose, a very pleasant surprise indeed.

Finn put his hand on Rose's shoulder, "Go find some seats, I'll be right there" he said, Rose completely understanding he needed to talk to me alone.

"Hey, just checking in. Is everything good? Need anything?" he asked, walking right over to me.

Sensing his unease about Ben, I told him that "Yes, everything is fine. Like I said, he really is on our side. I'm not sure what I can do to convince you", hoping maybe one of these days Finn, and Poe, will finally start to believe me.

"You know I'm just worried about you, and so is Poe. Just remember, if..." he started saying, but I quickly cut him off, knowing exactly what he was going to say.

"If anything goes wrong, I will contact you guys immediately, I know. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go get breakfast for me and Ben" I told him, not feeling like hearing yet another statement about the dangers of Kylo Ren.

Making my way over to the food, I quickly decided that without someone else here to help me carry the food, it would be best if I ate by myself, then brought Ben's food back for him to eat.

...

Ben's POV:

Waking up once again in the not too familiar room has been a big adjustment.

Standing up, I walked over to Rey's door, taking a peek inside, but quickly seeing that she wasn't even in the room. Maybe she was out getting food? But really she's probably just out with her friends.

Friends, the word felt foreign to even think. Going from everyone secretly planning each other's demise to everyone being close friends has been a bit of a shock. Learning to let my guard down has taken a lot of time. But with Rey and Rey only, it was as simple as flipping a switch.

With nothing else to do, I got ready for the day. Changing out of my sleep wear, I traded it out for a more relaxed garb. A navy tunic and black pants, something simple.

Suddenly, I began to feel Rey's presence. Quickly picking up the closest book I could find, I sat back down on the couch, propping my feet up, hoping to seem like I wasn't just looking around her place.

Entering with her back pushing against the door, Rey turned around with only one thing of food in hand. "I'm back, I brought you your breakfast. I already ate a quick meal at the mess hall. You can go ahead and eat, I have to go shower" she said, a little out of breath from the journey over.

Something was distracting her, but I couldn't really put my finger on it. A bit bummed she wouldn't be eating with me, I figured she just needs a bit of time to herself. Going from living on your own for so long to living with someone isn't exactly a smooth transition.

Wanting to take the load off, I took the food from her hands so she wouldn't have to carry it anymore.

"Thank you Ben," she said, sending a smile my way.