Prank War

"Well...he's certainly creative." Eugene said as King Frederic stared in disbelief at a statue of King Trevor, which is where his was supposed to be. His own statue was found in the woods, with the head stuck in the mud.

"...Take it down." He ordered, and the guard set to the task. "We need to make him pay for this."

"Why don't we figure out a plan before we go this time, so we're not constantly butting heads?" Eugene suggested.

"You two are going somewhere?" Rapunzel asked curiously, walking up to them.

"Equis, my dear. We're going to Equis again." King Frederic told her. "We're going to give him a prank that he'll never forget or top."

"Pranking was a big bonding activity for you guys before, huh?" Rapunzel smiled, then looked thoughtful. "Oh! I just had an idea!"

"An idea?" They asked in unison.

She grinned. "Why don't you take a third person with you?"

They looked at each other, then at her. "...Who?"

--

Eugene let out a breath as he stopped in front of the manor in Old Corona and then got down off of Maximus. "'Worst he can do is say no', huh, Sunshine?" He muttered, walking up to the door and knocking twice.

The door opened and Quirin looked out at him. "Yes?"

"Hey, Quirin." Eugene greeted. "Is Varian home?"

"Give that back!"

"Make me!"

They heard the sound of breaking glass and Quirin looked over to see Kiera and Catalina encased in goop, Varian snatching a vial from the former victoriously. "Clearly." Quirin said, looking back at Eugene.

"Using alchemy is cheating!" Kiera protested as Varian pulled out the neutralizing particles and freed them.

"It's not cheating to use everything at your disposal." Varian said, walking back to his lab.

"Hey, Varian!" Eugene walked in. "Got some time to spare?"

Varian looked over at him. "For what?"

"A little trip." Eugene grinned. "Ever been to Equis?"

"No...why?" Varian raised an eyebrow.

Eugene cleared his throat. "So, uh, Rapunzel had this idea...see, the last time that King Frederic went to prank King Trevor, he took me with him, and we really worked out some problems we were having. Rapunzel thinks it might do you some good, you know, as allies, to come along with us this time and do some fun pranking bonding time stuff."

"Absolutely not." Quirin frowned.

"I can speak for myself, dad." Varian said sharply, and then his expression softened. "...Thank you, though."

"I mean, you don't have to, I totally get if you don't want-" Eugene started to assure him, but was cut off.

"When?" Varian asked.

"Uh, what?" Eugene blinked.

"When?" Varian repeated.

"Uh...as soon as you're ready." Eugene nodded.

"Do we have a plan of action?" Varian asked.

"We were going to have a meeting about it..." Eugene admitted. "Hard to think of something that they can't top, though, and he really wants to beat him at this game."