Two

"Well, I think we know who the Captain should be." The Captain said as they watched Eugene put the crown back, Rapunzel still holding the man in her hair.

"Let's cuff him and take him to a cell, boys." Eugene said, turning to the other guards.

"Yes, Captain!" They all said in unison.

"Varian," Eugene turned to him, "got any of that Truth Serum?"

"Not since Cassandra used what I made before, but I can make some up." Varian replied. "But, first, I need to go see if His Majesty needs anything...Captain." He grinned and walked off.

Rapunzel smiled and hugged Eugene as the man was removed from her hair and cuffed. "I knew it'd be you in the end!"

"Heh, I just jumped right into it, didn't I?" Eugene wrapped his arms around her waist. "Wait until we tell your dad." He gasped. "Dad! I need to ask my dad or...or Varian's dad! He might know if I have a twin!"

"Oh. Wow, you're right." Rapunzel nodded. "But, first, can we have a little celebration for yours and Varian's promotions at the Snuggly Duckling? The big, bad copycat can wait."

"Blondie, as much as I would love to, we don't know if this guy is even human." Eugene said grimly. "Let me just find out who this guy is, then we'll talk about celebrating, okay?"

She nodded. "Okay."

He smiled and kissed her forehead. "Now, let's go tell your dad the good news, hm?"

The former Captain nodded. "We need to make this official."

They headed off together, Eugene pausing to look back at the crown. "...We need to get that loose tile taken care of, and maybe put a protective casing around the crown."

Rapunzel giggled. "We do."

--

The King and Queen were pleased to see the Captain's choice, and quickly dismissed Varian to let him go to his lab and make a truth serum for their new...friend in the dungeon.

While waiting for him to finish it, Eugene sent Owl to Old Corona to call Quirin over to confirm something. Once it was done, Rapunzel joined the two of them to the dungeon, where "Flynn Rider" was starting to wake up as they unlocked the cell and opened it.

"Ohh...my head..." He groaned, slowly shaking his head.

Varian took the lead, walking into his cell. "Hey. Sorry about the pain, our Princess can go a bit overboard with the frying pan. Especially when you steal her things." He chuckled a bit and offered him a cup. "Something for the pain?"

The thief eyed him warily, then reached out and took the cup with his cuffed hands, drinking it without hesitation. Varian stood back, watching as he drank it.

"Hey, wait...you look familiar." The man said as he started to leave the cell.

"What?" Varian looked at him.

"Yeah, the...the stripe thing." He motioned to Varian's head. "You're that Alchemist guy, right? From Old Corona?"

"I was." Varian nodded.

"Whoa...you're, like, a celebrity." The man shifted his position. "Flynn Rider, nice to be met."

Varian raised an eyebrow and turned to him. "Are you really Flynn Rider? What's your real name?"

"Really, it's Fly—mmn?" He stopped, then pursed his lips together. "Mmmnnn...mgghhh..."

Eugene and Rapunzel came into the cell as he struggled with the truth serum.