New Era

Rapunzel walked up to the bridge with the others behind her, an amber bomb in her hand. He was starting to feel ill, but Kline had assured her that this is normal and she would have to deal with it the best she could.

"Everyone ready?" She asked, turning to the group with her.

"Ready when you are, Sunshine." Eugene assured her.

"Let's do this!" Rapunzel turned and ran for the black rock wall, throwing an amber bomb at it. It shattered against it and then the rock started to change before it shattered, giving them a way in.

"LET'S GOOOOOO!" Eugene yelled as they ran in, heading for the castle.

High above, the moon crept ever more over the sun, so only a sliver was left.

--

Varian could feel his power growing stronger and took a deep breath before he focused, the gloves on his hands slowly moving back to reveal his hands. He had more control now. He opened his eyes and looked at his glowing fingertips, then gasped when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Ruddiger smiled sadly and signed "It's time". Varian nodded and then made his gloves cover his hands again before he walked out. Cassandra wanted to be the one to expose his hands for the ring, he figured.

The sky was so dark, the sun barely even there anymore. He walked to the throne room, his head held high.

The castle had been covered by black rocks for extra security, as were any tunnel entrances or secret pathways. Still, he suspected that wouldn't keep trouble out.

He noticed a door open a bit and stopped to see Kiera waving to him. He looked around before he went over to them. "Hey, you're here!" He whispered.

"The others are on their way; they just entered the city." Kiera assured him. "Why don't you hide in here with us?"

"No." He shook his head. "I have my own plan." He straightened up and walked on. The girls looked at each other, confused, then shut the door again.

He stepped into the throne room and walked up to the altar, where he stood waiting for his bride. The room was full of terrified townsfolk and pleased Disciples and he glanced away to avoid the pitying looks some of the people were giving him. This was unbearable enough without the pity. Faith was next to the alter as well, and she gave him a sympathetic look before glancing away.

Soon enough, he heard "Here comes the bride" being played on the piano and looked over to see Cassandra walking down the aisle with a bouquet of forget-me-nots and white roses and some other flower he couldn't name. Baby's breath?

Cassandra's father walked beside her, his expression grim, and Zhan Tiri walked ahead of them throwing flowers on the carpet. When she ran out of flowers, she walked over to stand over by the altar as Cassandra and her father walked on.

Cassandra smiled at Varian as she reached the altar and then her father left her side to stand to the side as the nervous priest began his speech.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to honor the union between Varian Ruddiger of Old Corona and Queen Cassandra." The priest started, reading from his book.

Varian blocked out much of what he was saying, it was all just filler before the vows. They heard a commotion outside and took over to see the doors burst open.

"I OBJECT!" Rapunzel yelled as she ran in.

"We weren't at that part yet." The priest said, blinking up at her.

"Wow, you all actually made it!" Cassandra said, turning to them. "You have no idea how happy I am right now."

"Cassandra, you have to stop this! Varian doesn't want this!" Rapunzel stepped forward.