Chapter 20- grandfather clock

Steve and the others left in the early hours of the morning to get some sleep with a promise of returning later with food and supplies since the cabin was literally empty.

You and Billy fell asleep on the couch together, Eddie taking Hopper's recliner even though there were three bedrooms in the cabin with perfectly fine beds inside, but none of you wanted to be alone.

The shotgun was leaning against the edge of the couch within arm's reach while you laid on the couch with Billy's arms wrapped around you, holding you against his chest. You were both awake. Had been for a while and unable to fall back asleep after the nightmares that haunted you.

Eddie was still asleep on his chair when you heard a car pull up outside the cabin.

Billy's body turned tense behind you at the sound. You peaked over the top of the couch to find the familiar Beamer parked outside through the window and quietly reassured him that it was just Steve and the others.

You sat up on the couch, kicking the blanket you had grabbed a few hours ago off your body. You walked over to the front door and unlocked it before grabbing a glass of water from the fridge just as the door suddenly slammed open.

"Jesus!" Eddie awoke with a panicked gasp, resting his hand over his chest.

"Delivery service." Dustin called out, walking in first with two bags of groceries while the others followed.

Billy snorted softly at Eddie's reaction, still laying on the couch where you had left him. Eddie glared and threw a pillow at him which Billy caught with ease and tucked it behind his head with a grin.

"Can I have my pillow back?" Eddie asked, holding his hand out.

"Nope."

Eddie rolled his eyes before kicking in the footrest of the recliner and standing up while Dustin dispersed the grocery bags on the kitchen bench beside you.

Within a few minutes, Eddie had snatched up a box of cereal and some kind of juice and was sitting on the couch with Billy who had reluctantly sat up to give Eddie room to sit.

"So, we got, uh, some good news and some bad news." Dustin began to say, looking between the three of you. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always." Eddie answered around his mouthful of cereal.

"Alright, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like 100%, kinda convinced." Max added.

"And the good news?" Billy asked, his voice still rough with sleep.

"Eddie's name hasn't gone public yet. But, it's only a matter of time before it does and once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is going to be gunning for him." Robin answered, glancing over at Eddie.

"Hunt the freak, right?"

She nodded, "exactly."

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him and prove your innocence." Dustin explained, like it was going to be easy.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie questioned in disbelief.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

You rolled your eyes and sat down on the couch between Eddie and Billy before glancing over at the others.

"How do we even find Vecna? And does anyone know how to kill him?"

They all shrugged their shoulders at your question which did not fill you with much confidence, but before you could say anything else the sound of sirens wailed in the distance.