Chapter 21- Dear Hopper

The kids were quick to fill Lucas in on everything he had missed over the past 24 hours while the rest of you stood inside the cabin, not knowing what to do next.

You were cursed by Vecna... there was nothing you could do.

"This is Robin, does anyone copy?" A voice crackled through the walkie talkie.

Dustin grabbed his own walkie from his backpack before you had the chance to grab El's off the table and respond to Robin.

"Please tell me, you guys found something."

"We sure did, Nancy's a genius. Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959. Her shot in the dark was a bullseye."

Wait, Vecna had been killing people in the 50s?

"Okay, that's totally bonkers." Dustin replied, seeming just as shocked. "What else do you have?"

"A lot. We're back at Nancy's house. You guys need to get here and we can explain everything."

"Copy that, we'll be there soon. Over and out."

Dustin lowered the walkie from his mouth and turned to the rest of you before motioning towards the door, but you shook your head.

"Eddie is wanted by every cop in town. We can't just go driving through Hawkins to the Wheelers house." You pointed out.

"You guys should go. See what Nancy and Robin found, I'll just hang out here in this... luxurious cabin." Eddie responded, looking up at the hole in the roof as he spoke before glancing back at you with a smile.

"You sure?" You asked hesitantly, not wanting to leave him alone after everything you guys had been through.

He nodded, "absolutely. At least this way I can continue to pace without California over there threatening to break my legs."

Billy rolled his eyes causing Eddie to grin before you picked up your father's shotgun and walked over to him.

"You know how to use this?"

"You're not serious?" Eddie deadpanned, staring at the gun in your hand like it was a bomb about to explode.

"I'm not leaving you here alone without protection. Look, it's easy. It's fully loaded, so all you need to do is flip the safety switch like this." You explained, flicking the safety off to demonstrate. "Once you see that red dot, the gun will shoot when you pull the trigger. If the safety is on, it won't fire. Understand?"

"Not really." Eddie admitted.

"Just remember to flick the safety off before using it and then just point and squeeze the trigger. That red dot means the safety is off. Red means dead, got it?"

"Red means dead." He repeated and you nodded before holding the gun out towards him. "I'd rather just run away from any monsters than try and fight."

"Just take the gun, Munson. She won't leave unless you take it, we both know how stubborn she is." Billy spoke up from across the room causing Eddie to sigh before he took the weapon from you.

"We'll be back soon." Dustin tried to reassure.

"Just find a way to stop Vecna before it gets her." Eddie replied, glancing at the others who all instantly nodded.

Billy stepped forward and rested his hand on your shoulder almost protectively, "he ain't getting her. We're killing that son of a bitch."

You smiled softly at his words, but you knew he couldn't guarantee that. Vecna had cursed you and it was just a matter of time before he killed you like Chrissy and Fred.