Chapter 26- Top Gun or Aliens?

The Warzone was bigger than you expected and a lot more crowded than you thought it would be.

Billy and Eddie remained hidden inside the Winnebago, Dustin and Lucas choosing to stay with them while the rest of you all got out and entered the store. Guns, knives, you name any kind of weapon, it was there.

How or why all this shit was legal and easily accessible was beyond you, but right now, you were glad that it was.

"So much for avoiding angry hicks." Robin commented as you all came to a halt in the doorway, taking in everything.

"Let's be fast." Nancy instructed and you all nodded in agreement before peeling off in search of supplies that you needed.

You pulled your headphones back over your ears, Running Up That Hill playing while you looked around the store. You weren't entirely sure what you actually needed. The others all seemed to know what to grab as they wheeled around shopping carts and loaded them full of stuff.

You walked through the store, eyeing the creepy stuffed deer on the wall before you saw the gun stand at the back. You weren't sure what would kill Vecna, but a shotgun would at least slow him down, right? Plus, you kinda needed a new shotgun since Eddie dropped the other one in Lover's Lake.

There were so many guns on the rack behind the counter and you had absolutely no idea which one to get. Hoppers was a double barrel break-action and you liked it, it worked. But, it only shot two shells before it needed reloading and with the break-action, that took time. Time that you guys did not have with Vecna.

"Can I see your cheapest pump-action?" You asked, walking up to the counter and hanging the headphones around your neck.

"What kind?" The worker asked.

"12 gauge." You answered, hoping that was what he was asking because you had no idea what else to say. What other kinds of shotguns were there?

The older man nodded and turned to the rows and rows of guns behind him. His eyes scanned over weapons before he picked up one of the wood grain wrapped shotguns and handed it to you.

You carefully took the weapon and raised it towards the wall, pressing the butt of the gun into your shoulder and resting your chin on the stock. You rested your finger against the trigger guard as you looked down the barrel through the sights before nodding in approval and lowering it.

"How much?"

"$120.99, but I'll throw in 20 rounds of buckshot for ya."

You nodded, already pulling out your credit card and giving it to the man before a familiar voice spoke up from beside you.

"Hey, can I see this real pretty .357, please?"

Oh, God.

You glanced to your left and found Jason fucking Carver leaning against the counter a few metres away in his Hawkins High jacket. Shit. You quickly turned away, hoping he wouldn't recognise you.

It wasn't like the two of you ever interacted at school, so maybe he won't?

"Y/N Hopper."

Damnit, spoke too soon.

Slowly, you turned to face him to find Jason now looking straight at you, pointing the .357 revolver in your direction as he spoke. "Wouldn't expect to find you here."

"Yeah, well, it's just scary times." You answered with a shrug, still holding the shotgun.

Jason nodded, staring at you for a moment before he put the pistol down on the counter and closed the distance between the two of you, until he was standing right in front of you.