Chapter 1: Forest

Our story begins with Thyme Warp and his good friend Phat Beet walking through a forest. 

"I just don't know what I'm gonna do, Phat Beet," Thyme Warp said. "I'm stumped."

"Come on! Gold Leaf is perfect for you!" Phat Beet said.

"I wish... but I think she's got a crush on Blover. Or AKEE. That guy's the man." Thyme Warp grieved. "I'm no match for a cutie like her."

"Are you crazy?" Phat Beet shouted. "YOU'RE the man! You need to ask her out!"

The two pals then saw Gold Leaf catching fireflies up ahead.

"Look!" Phat Beet exclaimed. "She's conveniently right up ahead! It's like this is a story or something. Anyways, this is your chance! Ask her out!"

"Well, I-I don't know... maybe I shouldn't-" Thyme Warp uttered.

At that moment, the entire forest caught ablaze. The two plants quickly escaped.

"Jack-O-Lantern, have you been burning down forests again?" Thyme Warp asked.

"Ha! Yes! And I'll do it again! HA-HAA-HA!" Jack-o-Lantern laughed as he ran to another forest.

"Isn't he the cutest thing?" Ghost Pepper said.

"Well, I guess so, if that's what you're into," Phat Beet said.

As Ghost Pepper followed Jack-O-Lantern, Snow Pea ran up to the two friends.

"Guys! Check it out!" He blurted.

Thyme Warp was confused. "Check WHAT out? Everything looks normal," He said. "Red Stinger and Missile Toe are making out, Ghost Pepper is watching Jack-O-Lantern burn down forests, Hurrikale is trying to teach Blover how to blow away grounded zombies, Peashooter and Sunflower are getting swarmed by paparazzi, and Bonk Choy is beating the crap out of Wall-nut."

"You're looking the wrong way!" Snow Pea said urgently. "Look there!"

"Why? What's happening over there?" Thyme Warp said.

Snow Pea exclaimed, "A HUGE WAVE OF ZOMBIES ARE COMING!"