Chapter 1; Introduction

I sloppily slid out of my bed at 7:50 in the morning, as my phone ringed noisily. My eyes immediately widened in the realization I was late for my first day of school. I rushed to my closet and put on some blue tight jeans, black top, and pink wedges. I brushed and tied my dark hair into two pigtails with red ribbons. I grabbed my tote bag on the way of leaving the bakery, passing by my sleeping parents on the counter. They must have pulled up another all-nighter and forgot to wake me up. I spotted a box of macaroons with a sticky note attached that read;

For your classmates
Have a good first day ♥︎

I lived in my parents bakery for as long as I can remember. It was located in a little area called "Rue Caulaincourt" in northern Paris and was one of the most famous bakeries in town. I tried to help out as much as I had time for and fell in love with the baking business.
Smelling the aroma of my favorite sweets, helping my parents bake, greeting nice customers, I loved every bit of it. Buuut I could never see myself doing it full time, I think it's just a fun hobby. My true passion is designing.
My parents Tom and Sabine worked very hard to get where they are, but even after success their life wasn't flawless.
My mom works two jobs day and night barely any breaks, barely any time to herself. My dad came from a poor family and had to struggle his way up. They often struggle to get enough sleep and make scheduled plans. I know how hard they work so I never complain about anything they don't have time for. My dad is a strong and good willed man. He used to be a lumberjack before taking on the family business. His family have been living here for generations and generations. My mom co-managed the bakery once she married my dad. She's originally from China but I never knew much about that side of my culture.