Chapter 5 - The Meeting

Numb. All I feel is numb
I laid in my bed this morning still stuck in what Chat Noir said.
What was I thinking? A man who I know nothing of, who lives behind a masked persona, how can I feel so strongly attached?

"Marinette! It's time for school." Tikki said.
I ignored her and laid motionless.
"I warned you Marinette.. what the hell were you thinking telling Chat Noir? You just can't get everything you want, not even as Ladybug. You have to understand that."
"I never said it was like that Tikki" I replied.
I picked up my phone to see multiple missed calls and messages from Alya.
"Look what this has done to you Marinette! I told you it's dangerous! How could you possibly be so reckless?"
I said nothing.
"You don't love him, I'm sure of it. There's a difference between admiration and love. Your a fan of him and you look up to him but you can't love him without knowing who he is."
"I get it Tikki, please stop...."
".....You're right" I said wiping my eyes. "I'm an idiot"

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

"Marinette!" Alya exclaimed. "Where have you been? Is everything alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine just been busy" I said faking a smile.
"Oh ok" she said, I think she knows something's up.
We walked to our class together and sat down.
"So, guess what" she said gleefully.
"What?" I said sounding unenthused.
"I got us tickets to the Jagged Stone concert + backstage access!!"
My eyes lit up immediately "Shut. Up." I said.
She pulled out two silver tickets from her pocket.

Jagged Stone was a global sensation. The biggest rockstar in Paris. Me and Alya have been obsessed since forever, it has alwaaaays been our ultimate dream to seem him live at least once before we died.
"Oh my god Alya! This is so exciting"
"Right?? It's all thanks to Nino he knows a guy"
"Aww you two seem to be hitting it off".
"Girl you'll totally meet him eventually I need to properly introduce you guys."
I smiled for the first time in a while "Yeah I hope so"

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Felix POV
I wrote down a list of potential suspects. Ladybug can be any teenage girl living in the province of Paris. She could be someone I go to school with, someone I walked past on the streets, or someone I've never seen at all. Out of curiosity I write down suspects with reasonings,  and after gathering contradicting evidence I eliminate some. But, this girl Marinette, it's almost obvious. I pulled out a scrapped picture I drew of her in class and compared it to a photo of Ladybug. She has deep blue eyes, raven black hair pretty much identical to Ladybug. I want to get closer to her, just to know for sure. I'm drawn to her out of curiosity.
Plagg watched over my shoulder as I thought.

"Isn't it a bit creepy that your stalking a girl from school you never talked to?"
I scowled. "Well it's not for creepy intentions. I think she might be Ladybug, I'm just intrigued."
"Oh brother" Plagg sighed. "When will you let this go? You know it's forbidden... besides, why do you care? I thought you didn't love Ladybug".
"Yes that's right, I only view her as a colleague, that doesn't mean I can't be curious...and It's not my fault she got the wrong idea."
"But you did break her heart" Plagg reminded him.
"I'm sure she's fine I know her as a strong and independent individual."

"Felix!" Nathalie called while walking into his room.
Plagg quickly hid before he was seen.
"I heard voices? Who were you talking to?"
"Just chatting with a friend from school... I hung up now" I replied
"Alright... well your father wants to see you."
"I'll be down there in a moment"

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

"Felix there you are" my father said.
My father constantly drowns himself in work he's always in his office. It feels I don't get to see him unless it's to receive orders.
"We have an important meeting to attend with an old friend of mine please get dressed into something immediately, something snazzy."
I never liked modeling, meetings, parties, photoshoots, flashing lights. None of it. It was all my father's doing.
"Nonsense! Wasn't today supposed to be my day off. I hate it when you do things unplanned." I snapped.
He put his hands behind his back. "You will attend this meeting. I am not going to let you ruin important business because of your selfishness. Don't you dare complain!"
All I could say is "....yes, father."
I can never properly stand up to him for some reason.