Chapter 6 - Rocker Boy

Marinette POV

"Let's see.. let's see" I said while rummaging through my closet, throwing clothing here and there.
"Tikki what type of outfit do you think is good for a Jagged Stone concert?"
"....Marinette are you sure your well enough to go? Are you over Chat Noir already?" Tikki asked.
"Well of course I'm not completely over it Tikki, I.. was hoping this would help me get my mind off of things. And besides, if I pretend to be happy Alya won't be so suspicious."
Alya is your best friend Marinette, don't you think she'll realize something's wrong?"
"I know I know, I guess I just have to keep making excuses."
I sighed and plopped onto my bed. Tikki comforted me with a hug.

I eventually decided to wear an old graphic tee and jeans.
"This'll do I guess"

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Me and Alya decided to meet up in line at the venue cause it would be easier that way. I spotted her and immediately hugged her. Her outfit was really cute and trendy. She was wearing a pink skirt, leggings and beret.

"You look amazing" I said

"You look amazing" I said. "I feel so underdressed how embarrassing"
"Girl no, your outfit is cute too! No one said it had to be fancy" she reassured.

We had to wait in an agonizingly long line of people to get in but at least we had great seats. Alya was pumped the whole time even before the performance started. I was glad she was having fun.
"Girl hold my purse!" She said shoving it to me.
"I wanna wave my sign high enough so he can see it"

She held her arms up and stood on her toes as high as she could and cheered with all her strength. I honestly don't know how she didn't loose her voice.
We were crammed in a super tight space with loud voices everywhere but I was more of a silent enjoyer.

After the show was over many people started dispersing while me and Alya got to stay.
"Hey Marinette are you okay? You don't seem like your usual self?" Alya finally said.
"Oh really? Haha. I-I think im acting pretty normal just tired I guess."
"Nuh uh, the Marinette that I know would be screaming, crying, fainting, jumping over this. It's Jagged Fucking Stone??"
"Alya it's not nothing really I promise."
"....Okay I hope I can trust you."

We tried making our way backstage on our own cause there wasn't really anyone there to guide us. We were brought to a long hallway with a lot of doors no one was there and no noises were heard.
"..Um are we in the right place?" I wondered.
"....Girl! We should've looked for someone. What if they kick us out or something for being here unsupervised" Alya said.
"Maybe we should just wait here and hope for someone to show up" I suggested.
We awkwardly just stood in the middle of the long hallway looking around not knowing any further direction.
"Ugh this is so stupid" I admitted. "Let me look at the tickets maybe there's some type of info on there"