Chapter 7 - New Begginings

"One triple scoop; mint chocolate, double fudge, reeses peanut. Have fun you two lovebirds!" André, the ice cream man says handing us our order.
"We're not together André!" I said.
"Sure sure" he says laughing.
Feeling embarrassed, I grabbed Luka's arm and walked away. We sat at a small seating place outside of a cafe.
"I can't believe you're a mint chocolate person" Luka said.
"Why does everybody say this! It's amazing"
"I dunno I just never understood"
"You probably just haven't had the right kind yet. André makes the best mint chocolate in all of Paris... here lemme give you a bite."
I gave him a spoonful and watched as he chewed made his judgement.
"Not bad I guess."
"You chew your ice cream?? Is it not cold?"I said confused.
He laughed. "My dad always says I have teeth of steel"

The rest of the night we laughed and talked. and had such a good time. It was getting late so he started to walk me home. Stars and fireflies were up and about creating a beautiful view. He took my hand as we walked through the path.

Then suddenly...

I hear a voice

"Ladybug?"

There he was. Chat Noir was in front of me staring with his piercing green eyes.
"W-what? I don't understand."
"I know it's you"
The whole world turned black all I can see was him.
"I-I don't-"
"What are you doing here? With him?"
I stared blankly in disbelief. My tongue was tied and my heart was racing.
"Answer me! Answer me Marinette!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up sweating and panting for air.
"Marinette! Did you have a bad dream?" Tikki said.
"Yeah" I said. "It's fine I'll take a sleeping pill"

The rest of the night I couldn't bring myself back to sleep, so I drank coffee the next morning.
"What was the dream about?" Tikki asked.
"Nothing important".
"Marinette don't lie to me"
"What do you want from me!" I shouted.
The table shook and Tikki felt startled.
"I-I'm sorry" I told her.
"Marinette....there's someone I want you to meet, I think it's time. You're emotions are getting out of control"
"What is that supposed mean?"
I got up got my bag and just walked off to school I didn't want to continue with this conversation.

Aliya caught up to me in the hallway.
"Girllll guess what?"
"What?"
"Nino invited you me and one of his guy friends to hang out in the arcade after school today"
"You mean like a double date type thing?"
"No no no it's not like that at all I swear, he just didn't want it to be awkward or too romantic just a lighthearted friend hangout thing y'know what I mean?"
"But I don't even know the guy"
"I'm sure you'll like him just give it a chance. It's always great to make new friends!"
"I dun-"
"Great! You'll be there at 5"

There is no way you're going on a date right now!" Tikki exclaimed once we got home.
"It's not a date Tikki stop being dramatic"
"All I'm saying is that you've had enough boy drama lately"
"y'know what maybe I will go just to make you mad"
"What has gotten into you Marinette you've been acting different. That's exactly why you need to meet Master Fu."
"Master.. who? Gosh I am so sick of these superhero secrets can I just live my life normally for once?"
"I'm just looking out for you"
"What are you, my mother? All you do is boss me around"
Tikki could only stare in shock.
"....watch me." I said while dramatically getting up.
I sprayed lots of perfume causing Tikki to cough. I searched through my closet for a jacket to wear I rummaged through my stuff to find my favorite bracelet and lip balm. I grabbed my bag and headed for the door.
"I'm gonna go have fun with my friends. I won't let you stop me from being happy."
Tikki had no choice but to follow me. I may be mad at her but she couldn't leave my side. She just stayed silent the whole time and hid in my bag.

I got to the location and they were already inside. Aliya greeted me with a hug.
"Someone got all glammed up todayyy" she said tunefully.
"This is Nino, he's in our home room but you guys haven't formally met yet, have you?"
"Sup dudette!" He said. He wore a red hat and glasses, gave off a gamer type vibe.
"...And this is Felix you kinda know him"
"She does?" He asked.
"I mean you did talk once... never mind, she's just heard of you haha" Aliya said awkwardly.
"Alright" he said.
His emerald green eyes looked directly at me for the first time.
"Hey I have an idea! Why don't you and Marinette go off and play some games together and me and Nino can as well. Then we can regroup later! Marinette it's great for you to show him around" Aliya suggested.
"I-" Felix started.
"Great! Go and have fun!!" She interrupted and grabbed Nino's hand running away and giggling.
Felix let out a slight grin.
"Aw it's great those two are hitting it off" I said.
"Indeed" he said.
"...um so I'm assuming you haven't been here before
He looked at me.
"Why so?"
"Well according to Aliya that you're like a rich model who was homeschooled... or something like that haha"
"I see"
"....yeah so what do you want to play?" I asked as we slowly walked around
"I don't think I'm familiar with any of these"
Damn is his life really that boring? I mean I knew he was homeschooled but I guess I don't know what his life is really like.
"There's soo many options, Y'know what let's just get a taste of everything and see which ones you like

First I took him to the street fighter game. I think it's pretty fun and maybe he'll like it. Guys usually like fighting games.
He struggled at first so I guided him bit.
"B is to attack but if it's not strong enough  you could use Y it's a special attack and X is a light attack."
"But why is there multiple buttons for the same move?"
"Uh I dunno that's just the way it's programmed"
"How stupid... what does this do?"
"Depending on the way you move it, it can mean back, guard, forward, crouch, dash or back dash"
"What the hell, why is it so complicated? Wait what do these do?"
"Those are the kick attacks"
"So the only attacks are kick and punch? That's so lame"
"Well depending on which character you pick they have different abilities for example some may have more stamina or have special moves like throw or dragon punch"
"Ah so the avatars are all different, interesting"
It was a bit strange how little he knew about simple gaming but I liked teaching  him and it was funny to see his reactions.

Next we went to a dancing machine to get a little more active.
"This one should be easy you just follow the movements it shows you"
"I'm not much of a dancer"
"Just have fun!"

We were both doing good at first and followed the moves easily. It got faster and harder as we went on. He tried his best to keep up but struggled a bit. His moves were wonky so I couldn't stop laughing while he kept a straight face. Still, he persisted through and did decently at the end, I wasn't trying that much so he won.

Next we went to the basketball dunk. Felix was extremely focused and I could tell he was trying his very best, but yet he could barely make any shots, which made me laugh. I was pretty decent, made a couple of shots. He eventually got frustrated and gave up.
"Pshh this is nonsense!" He said slamming back the ball where it came from.
"Not a basketball person?"
"I'm more of a fencer"
"Really? You can fence? That's pretty cool. That must mean you're good with endurance... in that case I think I know the perfect game for you"
His face light up "which is?"
"Laser tag!
He laughed.
"Fencing is a mental and physical game that requires multiple valuable skills. Don't compare it to some kids game"
"Yeah yeah yeah come with me" I said taking his hand.
Aliya and Nino were already there waiting for us.
"Hey did you guys have fun?" Asked Aliya.
"Yeah it was cool" I replied.
"Well there's  a slot open for the four of us to play you guys ready?" Said Nino.
"Yup! Let's go" I said.

Felix was amazing just as I expected. He was so precise. I have never seen anyone like this before.
As I was hiding I hear a small voice in front of me.
"Marinette!" Tikki called.
"What are you doing here? You could be seen"
"There's an akumatized villain on the loose I've been trying to tell you"
"What? No! I can't see Chat Noir I'm just now getting over him"
"I'm so sorry Marinette but there's no other choice"
".....You don't care about me. Stop pretending that you do."
Tikki stared into her eyes in fear.
"Chat Noir is a much better hero than me. He doesn't need me anyways"
Tikki couldn't convince me this time. it was hopeless.