Chapter 8 - Master Who

For once in a long time I felt really free. No more Ladybug, just plain old Marinette. I guess I missed the simplicity of my old life.

Everything was perfect. We were having so much fun I was starting to loose track of time, like I wanted to. We were laughing, having fun shooting our lasers at each other. And then suddenly...

There it was. A  giant laser blasted in the arena, straight from the ceiling. Luckily it only caused damage to the floor causing a wave of smoke to emerge from the ground.
"Uh guys... looks like someone else wants to play" Nino said.
"This isn't the time for jokes Nino. We should probably run" Aliya said.

They all ran outside the arena and I was following closely behind checking behind me to see "it" destroy everything in it's path. I wanted to keep an eye out see what was going on but the villian wouldn't show themselves.
I shouldn't worry, right? Chat Noir should be showing up any minute now... right? He's probably here right now..
They all seemed to be focused on running so I hid behind a pillar and carefully observed. It started thumping on the ceiling causing everything to shake, it seemed like it wanted to get in. The ceiling started crumbling then suddenly..

"Marinette!" I heard someone say.
I turn to see Felix standing behind me.
"What the hell are you still doing here? Do you want to die?!" He yelled.
Before I could respond he just grabbed me hand firmly and ran.
Why did he care? He should've just left me here and saved himself. I'm the one who caused this mess.
He took me to a bathroom once he thought it was far enough from the disaster.
"Stay in here until I say to come out, I'm gonna get help from LadyBug and Chat Noir" he says calmly once he saw the expression on my face.
"O-okay" I said frailly with teary eyes.
He ran off.
I collapsed on the bathroom floor and bursted into tears.
How could I be so stupid?
How could I carelessly leave Paris unprotected?
I guess Tikki was right after all. This superhero stuff is really destiny. No matter how hard I try to escape it'll come bite me back.

I tiptoed out of the bathroom to look for my purse which I placed on a chair. I look inside and called Tikki's name. No response. I called her again. Nothing. I started looking around calling her name she was nowhere to be seen. I ran out out the arcade and started running around the streets calling her name. Where could she possibly be without me? I start coughing and look around to the buildings, houses, roads everything was destroyed. Smoke everywhere people running and panicking. Guilt filled me up.

I look in an alley corner to notice a shaking trash can. Tikki loves food right? Maybe she went in there to look for a treat.

Please don't be a raccoon pleaseee don't be a raccoon
I pleaded to myself as I walked closer.

To my luck I see a tiny little red creature ingesting leftover cake.
"Oh Tikki! I said out loud.
I picked her up and looked at her with my teary eyes.
"I must have been so caught up in my own feelings that I mistreated you. I'm so sorry."
She gave me a warm hug and said "it's okay Marinette I understand. C'mon let's go fix this"

I dashed as fast as I could I don't think i've ever been more determined in my life. I jumped from building to building looking for a possible villian. I retrace all my steps leading me to the back of the arcade there I see a giant head who's eyes seemed to have been burned out laying unconscious on the floor.

How could this have happened? Did Chat Noir do it on his own?

"Madamme!" I hear a voice behind me say coming towards me.
"I just got here what happened?" He says.
"I'm wondering the same thing. If you're here then who took down the villian?"