Chapter One

Play the song :)

Who was she?

I could see her on the dance floor, her long red hair swaying perfectly as she danced, as she moved fluidly to the music, her face beautifully broken into a wide smile, as she enjoyed herself, with her friends.

Her mouth was singing along to the words, her tattooed, slender arms were up in the air, swaying from side to side.

I stood by the bar, and couldn't help but watch her.
She was a vision; she was literally Nicole Kidman from Practical Magic.

Who was she?

"Stare any longer and she's gonna want a restraining order, Eddie."

"Am I that obvious?" I asked, reluctantly migrating my gaze to my best friend, Jeff.

"She's your type." He noted, as I smiled.

"She really is." I said, struggling to keep my eyes off her.

"Why not just go up to her and talk to her?" Jeff asked, with a shrug, leaning on the bar casually.

"Nah man, she's dancing and she's enjoying herself. She doesn't need me interrupting her." I said, talking myself out of it.

"You wouldn't be interrupting her!" Jeff said with a laugh.

"Yeah, I know......But in this day and age, it's classed as harassment." I said, rolling my eyes.

"This wouldn't be harassment! You can approach her and just say hi... ask for a dance maybe?" Jeff asked, laughing hard at me.

"I know there's a difference.... But she's just having a good time and I don't want to interrupt that." I said.

"She'll need a drink at some point." Jeff noted, with a grin.

"I might say hi then." I said, laughing.

"Just be you." Jeff said, with a shrug.

**********************************************
"Bottle of water please."

I leaned on the bar, slightly out of breath and giddy from the wine and dancing.

I fanned myself with a beer mat and looked around the bar, just people watching.

"Your water, Torvi."

I turned and smiled gratefully at the bartender, taking it from him.

"Thanks Greg." I said, going to hand him money.

"Ah it's all taken care of." Greg said, waving me off.

He jerked his head towards two guys standing against the bar and I realised they were both staring intently at me.

Just be cool, I told myself.

"Uhm, thanks?" I asked, with a nervous laugh.

"I can't take credit darlin', it was all him." One said, nodding to the other.

"Don't mention it." He said, with a nice smile.

He was wearing a black shirt, unbuttoned to his chest, with a black leather jacket and ripped black jeans. He had deep brown eyes, a gorgeous smile, stubble and middle length brown hair that I couldn't decide was shaggy or wavy.

"I'm Eddie." He said, outstretching his hand.

"Torvi." I said, politely taking his hand and shaking it.

"Jeff." Jeff said, shaking my hand.

"Torvi? That's a really unique name, I don't think I've ever heard it." Eddie said, with a beautiful smile.