Chapter Eighteen

"Hey Geoff, I'm here to check on Torvi." I said, calling into the office around 1pm.

"Sorry, I'll be right with you." Geoff said, the phone to his ear.

"Sorry Richard, what was that?" He asked, as he put him on loudspeaker so we both could hear.

Geoff seemed worried, and I wasn't sure why.

"Geoff, Torvi was supposed to be here for a meeting with me at 3."

"She didn't show?" Geoff asked, confused.

"No, that's why I'm calling. She isn't one to not show." Richard said.

"You sure it was today?" Geoff asked, as my mind started to unravel.

"Absolutely." Richard said.

"I'm sorry... you're going to have to leave this with me. I'll have to call you back." Geoff spluttered, before hanging up.

"What's going on Geoff?" I asked, concerned.

"Torvi... she didn't show up to a meeting today. That was the client. They said she didn't turn up." He said, gravely.

"Her car is in the parking lot. That's why I called in, I thought she was here?" I asked.

"She's not here, Eddie." Geoff said.

"She left to go to the meeting." He added.

"But she didn't take her car." I said , as he shook his head.

"Could she have walked?" I asked.

"It's an hour away." He said, as the panic washed over me then.

"Somethings happened hasn't it?" He asked me.

"She didn't make it, because she never got to leave. Something has happened. We need to contact the police." I urged, hurriedly.

"It's Travis, isn't it?" Geoff asked me, dialling a number on his phone.

"It's Travis, or Chrissy." I said.

I felt my blood run cold as a familiar voice spoke out.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I think my daughter has been taken." Geoff said, as I sank down into one of the chairs, my mind spiralling.

Where was she?
God let her be safe.

************************************
We were at Torvi's, having spoken with Steph and Cat and my boys, all of whom hadn't seen Torvi today.

I'd explained the incident at the coffee shop, and we all knew that she was with Travis or Chrissy somewhere.

It was just where.
And if she was hurt, or alive.

None of us wanted to say it, but we were all considering it.

A police officer had stopped by, and taken statements from us and he had noted down Torvi's movements up to this afternoon and there was a car stationed outside.

They'd located her car on the car park and swabbed it, finding only her DNA, and no one else's.

They'd found a white rag, on the floor and that too only had her DNA and traces of chloroform.

That had been hard to hear.

She'd been drugged and taken. Where, we didn't know.

We'd mentioned our recent visits to the station, to report Travis for stalking, and that we'd tried to seek help.

And as the following morning had painstakingly rolled by, none of us had slept or moved from the living room.

Our eyes had been fixed on the front door, waiting for her to walk in and for this to all be over.