Chapter Eleven

The next morning, I woke up and saw him lying there, sound asleep.

He was lying on his back, one arm raised above his head, the other holding the cover down over his torso, which was partially peeking out, the sunlight from the window shining on his skin, his chest rising and falling slowly.

I found myself watching him sleep for a moment, his halo of brown curls framing his head, his lips pouting slightly.

I was ultimately glad that I'd told the truth and last night had happened, it was a nice feeling waking up to someone.

But I felt an immense guilt as effectively, he'd cheated on Chrissy.

Whilst I hadn't taken the proper amount of time to get to know her and that was on me, I knew that she hadn't deserved this.

There had been something unspoken between Eddie and I, for four long months and last night it was practically undeniable. I had wanted to run, I'd wanted to leave but he'd stopped me. And I couldn't honestly deny the chemistry and how our bodies seemed to react together; we fit together.

I slowly and carefully climbed out of bed, and got dressed, before quietly heading out to the coffee shop across the street.

On my return, I found that he was stirring, an arm reaching out across the bed apparently searching for me.

When he didn't find me, his eyes opened immediately and he sat up, scanning the room.

His sleepy eyes fell on me and when he found me, he beamed broadly and I held two coffees up with a smile.

"Good morning." I said, softly.

"Good morning, gorgeous." He said, chuckling softly.

I carefully handed him a coffee and perched on the side of the bed, both of us taking a sip in unison.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked, as he placed his coffee on the side table.

He leaned upright and enveloped me slowly and gently, making a satisfied groan sound against my shoulder.

"Like a baby. I think I cuddled you for most of the night." He said, his warm breath tickling my skin.

"You did, I liked it." I said, chuckling.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked.

"Like a baby." I said, with a smile.

"Listen, I need to say something." I said, biting my lip.

"If you're going to apologise, there's no need. We both had a lot to say last night and I'd say we've cleared everything up. I don't want to start this with an apology. I want to start this with you, with a clean slate." He said, as I nodded.

"I know you're sorry. I am too. We made a real hash of everything but we can change that starting from now." He added.

"We probably shouldn't do anything more until you've spoken to Chrissy." I said, as he smiled weakly and nodded.

"I can at least kiss you though, right?" He asked as I blushed slightly.

"It's probably for the best if we don't." I said.

"You're going to deny me, after last night?" He asked, feigning sadness.

"For now, yes. You know it's the right thing to do." I said as he nudged me playfully.

"It is. I'll call her today and I'll tell her everything." He said, as I choked on my coffee.

"Obviously not everything, princess. The truth though." He said, as I sighed with relief.