Chapter Two

I could hear shouting, and then I heard a loud crack and it was definitely a woman who cried out.

"Serving me with a restraining order, are you kidding me?!"

"You don't get to hit me anymore."

"I just did Tor, and I'll do it until you wake up and realise that you and I need to be together."

I rushed to the office I could hear the arguing from and barged my way in, to find a tall, tanned, dark haired man with his fist raised.

That Torvi appeared to block effectively when he took a swing at her.

She ducked, and grabbed his hand before shoving him backwards into me.

I stumbled backwards and her wide eyes met mine.

"Are you okay?!" I cried, shocked.

"I'm sorry Eddie!" She cried, just as he lunged for her again.

I launched myself into the middle of them and pulled them apart, pushing Torvi behind me.

"You should leave. I'll call the police and they'll arrest you for breaching an injunction Torvi has filed against you." I said.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asked me.

"I'm a lawyer." I lied.

"Fuck you, and fuck you too - you're nothing but a sad little bitch who no one wants." He spat at Torvi.

He barged past me with a clenched fist and she saw him coming this time. She ducked and tackled him around his waist, forcing him into the nearby corner of the room.

"NO! YOU DON'T GET TO PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME LIKE THIS AGAIN." She roared.

I watched her shove the guy back again and she grappled with him, quite adequately I noticed, and shoved him again.

I stepped in again then, and grabbed him by the collar of his jacket and pushed him towards the door.

"Mind your own fucking business!" The guy snarled at me, as she opened the door for me to roughly coax him through.

"Get the fuck out of here. You're breaching the restraining order I have against you." She snapped, before slamming the door shut.

She leaned against it, and closed her eyes, sighing.

She ran a hand through her hair before resting both hands on her hips, sounding out of breath.

Her lip was bleeding, I noticed as I stood and stared at her in silence.

"This is the part where you regret coming here and you never want to set eyes on me again." She said, her chest heaving.

"Quite the opposite, actually," I said, as her eyes flew open in surprise.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"My ex fiancé. My abusive ex fiancé." She said, averting her eyes to the floor.

"Let me just get something for your lip, it's bleeding." I said, looking around for a tissue or something similar.

"It's okay, I got it." She said, waving me off.

"Sit down, I'll get it." I insisted, as she reluctantly sat down at her desk.

I located the first aid kit on the wall and found a disinfectant wipe and a gauze.

"Does he come around often?" I asked.

"Haven't seen him since I filed for a restraining order. He come here because he's been served the notice, and wasn't happy apparently." She said.