Chapter Eight

I woke up the next morning, with a pounding head and a dry mouth.

And this deep feeling of regret; for what I was unsure of.

Until I checked my phone and immediately felt sick.

I'd text Torvi at around 1am, with a single word.

'Viper.'

"What the?" I asked myself.

"Yeah, you have some apologising to do." Jeff said, standing in my doorway.

"You stayed over?" I asked, confused.

"I had to. There was no calming you down for a while." He said.

"I don't remember much." I said.

"Unfortunately I do." Jeff said.

"Oh god, what happened?" I asked.

"We bumped into Torvi. And you were on top form. I know she's been hot and cold with you but you literally verbally abused that girl last night and you were nasty. You called her a snake, you called her a fridge and literally berated her infront of me, us and the guy she was on a date with." Jeff said, as I felt myself go clammy.

"That explains the text I sent her at 1am this morning then." I said, rubbing my face.

"You were spiteful, Eddie. You were so hateful. I found it hard to stick up for you, you were that abusive." Jeff said.

I clambered out of my bed, and pulled some clothes on frantically.

"I need to go and see her.... Apologise." I said, hurriedly.

"That's where there's a problem. She wants you to stay away from her." Jeff said, as I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What?" I asked.

"You heard me right, she asked you to stay away from her. She doesn't want to see you, Ed." Jeff said.

"I have to make this right." I said.

"That's going to be hard when she doesn't want to see you." Jeff warned.

"She might talk to me, if I go to her house." I said.

"She's not at her house. It's 11:30, she'll be at work." Jeff said.

"Fine, I'll go there then." I said, pushing past him.

"You can't go to her work. You need to leave her be." Jeff argued.

"I can't leave it like this, man." I said.

"You might have to. You said some real awful things last night and she did well to take it. Even looked like she accepted some of it, at one point. But she held her own with you too." Jeff said.

"She did?" I asked.

"Yeah, she really did." Jeff replied.

"I have to try." I said.

"Just don't bulldoze in there like you did last night. That was one hell of an introduction back into her life after stepping away. She wasn't expecting it and she didn't deserve it." Jeff said.

"You hurt her, Eddie." Jeff added.

"I know I did, I was drunk and bitter." I said, regretfully.

"I know I said to take some space from her to go and live your life, be with Chrissy. I thought that was what you needed. I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise. I thought she'd benefit from it too. Last night I saw two people who gave each other space and it was exactly what they didn't need. You wound up missing each other for two weeks. Why don't you just tell her how you feel?" Jeff asked.