..Chapter 2 : How Many Times..

-A few days after the first incident-

"G.. Grian..?" A man calls out.

"Yeah Mum..bo.." Grian says as he turns around to see his buddy upset. "What's wrong..?" He becomes concerned quickly.

"You.. You blew up my base! What- What were you thinking Grian!?" Mumbo looked even more upset and held his arms, trying not to be angry, or to cry. He looked down.

"Again..?" Grian asks himself quietly, while confused and very concerned.

Mumbo looks up as he hears Grian say this. "What.. do you mean 'again'.." Mumbo asks confused.

Grian sighs sharply. "I didn't do it!" Grian starts getting frustrated, this was the second time that some one's build was blown up, and HE was getting blamed for it.

"Then.. who did..?" Mumbo asks, not exactly believing what Grian was saying.

The short bird had a reputation of blowing things up, especially when he hasn't been causing mischief in a while.. it's like it builds up inside of him, and the longer he hasn't done something, the worse it is.. and Grian hasn't been mischievous in a while.

"I don't know! I don't!" Grian throws his hands in the air while he spoke, "But it WASN'T me! You know how I blow things up Mumbo!"

"Fair.. You ask.. unless it's your own build.." Mumbo says, after thinking for a second.

"Let.. Let me see your base.." Grian sighs, putting his hand up to his face, pinching the bridge of his nose under his glasses. Grian looked distressed.

"Al.. alright.. Follow me.." Mumbo says, starting towards his base hesitantly.

When Grian and Mumbo get to his base, Grian just stands there, shocked. He couldn't believe something like this could happen, let alone on Hermitcraft.

His best friend's base.. was replaced with a crater..

Grian zoned out at the impossible sight. This wasn't even Mumbo's starter base, this was his mega base for the season..

"What.. happened.." Grian asked, even though he knew just as much as Mumbo at this point.

Mumbo glided to the center of the crater that was once his beautiful base using his elytra. The tall man looked around, as if looking at everything for the first time, but also as if this was but a distant memory he didn't want to relive..

"I.. I just.. came back, from a good day of hanging out with Iskall.. and.." the redstonist trailed off.

Mumbo looked away from the direction Grian was in. Grian knew it was because Mumbo still thought it was him who did it.

"Let's get to work then" Grian said, flying down beside Mumbo. He started looking in his inventory. "If we build over the crater, you can use it for the less flashy redstone mechanisms.." Grian started mumbling ideas, mostly to himself.

Mumbo looked at Grian, somewhat surprised. Grian hated working on other peoples bases.

He always worried he would mess up what they imagined.. and that would in turn make them mad at him.

However, Mumbo didn't know that. He just knew Grian didn't like working on other peoples bases.

"But.. you never.." Mumbo started talking, but got quiet and stopped.

Grian turned to Mumbo with a caring smile, then made his way to the outer edge of the crater to get a better look at the area they had to work with.

"Your fault.."

Grian turned to where the voice came from. He saw nothing, but he also thought nothing of it.

"How could you do that.."

Grian whips his head to the left, where the voice had come from this time.. and saw nothing.

"Who.. who's there..?" Grian quietly asks, seeing no one, hearing no one.. then..

"YOU!" It took a moment for the short Hermit to respond to the yell of someone else, he was too deep in thought. Then, he was tackled to the ground, the person was bigger than Grian.

"HOW DARE YOU!?" Grian turned his head to the right, seeing Rendog..

Ren's eyes where filled with anger..

-645 Words-