..Chapter 16 : Working It Out..

Once they get to Xisuma's house Scar finally sets Grian down.

Grian starts to get nervous. He then looks at his right wing.

He had been able to quickly paint over it on the way, and the boomers were too busy trying to reason with Scar to notice.

Scar hadn't stopped looking at Grian since he set Grian down.

"Hey.. are you ok G..?" Scar could tell Grian was upset or nervous about something. He assumed telling Xisuma that he was a Watcher.

"Yeah.. just.. nervous.." Grian says shifting his weight from foot to foot.

Scar put a hand on Grian's shoulder and gave him a smile.

"I'm sure there's nothing to be worried about, remember, Xisuma is also a Watcher!" Grian could tell that Scar was trying his best to help him out here.

Grian took a deep breath, then gave an unconvincing smile to Scar, who chuckled in return.

Scar took his hand off his feathered friend and made his way to the door, knocking on it rather hard.

"COMING!" Xisuma could be heard from inside. Then loud footsteps.

"Yeah?" Xisuma said as he opens the door to see Scar and Grian, who looked very nervous.

"Hey Xisuma!" Scar says with a smile.

"Did you need something?" Xisuma says slightly concerned.

"Yeah.. uh.. can Grian and I come in?" Scar asks him.

"What happened?" Xisuma says, not really wanting to let them in. Xisuma didn't really want to let people into his house, it was his personal space.

"It's.. personal for G" Scar explains without saying too much outside of the house.

"Alright.. come on it guys" Xisuma let out a sigh, opening the door enough to let the two in.

"Thank you X" Scar says, leading the two of them inside.

Grian hadn't said a thing since Xisuma opened the door.

"You guys can sit down in the living room, do either of you want a drink?" Xisuma asks while heading to the living room.

"Just some water please" Scar says, looking over at Grian, who shook his head no. "Grian says he doesn't want anything"

"Alright then" Xisuma gets two cups down from the cabinet.

A moment of silence.

"What do you need?" Xisuma pours water into one cup and some into a kettle.

"Well uh.. Grian has a.. situation.. that we feel we need to tell you.." Scar explains hesitantly, looking at Grian for approval of what he said.

Grian nodded after a moment, looking down at the fireplace next to him, keeping his left wing away from it.

"Well, what is it?" Xisuma asks, bringing Scar his water.

"Grian?" Scar looks at Grian as he takes the glass of water.

"I'm.. uh.. it's.. well.." Grian couldn't figure out what to say.

Xisuma started to feel this wasn't very important and started to get very annoyed.

"Well?" Xisuma went back to the kitchen as the kettle whistled.

"I'm a.. well.. a.. Watcher.." Grian says quickly to get it over with.

"Oh co- WHAT!?" Xisuma yells, dropping the kettle.

-491 Words-