3

Falls

"Little witch, I didn't expect to see you here. Thought you would make my brother work for your forgiveness, but now I see he didn't have to do anything at all," Rebekah says, raising a perfect sculptured eyebrow. It's weird because Bonnie's standing there, wearing a Tulane sweater and shorts while Rebekah looks perfect in a silk shirt and dark skinny jeans. "I do have to say you disappointed me. If I wanted Nik to be with someone without a spine, he should've stayed with Caroline. At least we wouldn't be in this mess right now." Rebekah looks at her stomach and Bonnie knows what she's referring to.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you, Rebekah. I'll try my best not to do that again," Bonnie tells her sarcastically, but she smiles a little. Rebekah can be a big bitch when she wants to, but she's turning out to be a good friend. Yeah, Bonnie still needs to teach her a thing or two about human emotions and not behaving like a sociopath. Hey, not everything can be perfect.

"So, all is well with you two again? Nik's not going to break all the nice furniture again, is he?"

Bonnie shrugs, because Klaus is just unpredictable; one minute he's punching walls and the next he's talking to her about doctor's appointments. It's enough to make her head spin, so she doesn't try to keep up with it anymore.

"My good brother Elijah seems to think we should decorate the place," Rebekah comments. "He wants to install a new tradition for the holidays."

She sounds a little bothered, and Bonnie is just surprised. She spent two Christmas with Klaus, and there wasn't much to the occasion, other than some takeout and vodka. As horrifying as it sounds, it wasn't that bad. At least it was the good, expensive Russian vodka.

"Is this Elijah trying to make me feel like I'm part of the family? Because you making me sit through some kind of 'Christmas with the Mikaelsons' thing will do more harm than good," Bonnie says, not feeling the family thing at all. Sure, things between her and Elijah got considerably better (it wasn't like they could get even worse), but they are a far cry from being friends.

"I know your relationship with Elijah isn't the best it can be," Rebekah says, ignoring Bonnie's loud snort. "However, you're going to be part of the family, and he wants you to feel that way."

Bonnie wants to say something about daggering each other as part of family tradition, but she keeps quiet, because Rebekah is being nice, for a change, and she doesn't want to ruin that.

"Yeah, just tell him he can't keep my baby to himself," Bonnie mutters, and doesn't even realize the surprised expression on Rebekah's face.

"Look at you, acting all mommy-like to your miracle hybrid baby. At first I thought you should have taken the way out, and spare us of the trouble, but I'm beginning to like this baby thing." Rebekah looks unusually excited, and that's just too weird to see. Well, things could be worse.

"Yeah, well, this baby is already cooking, so I might as well accept it. Out of everything that has happened to me, an unexpected pregnancy is a walk on the park, I guess."

It was true; she had yet to have morning sickness, and her pregnancy was turning out to be quite different than the one on Twilight, thank God. Her hybrid baby clearly is the superior one when it comes to supernatural creatures.

"Let's get you some food then, pregnant lady. I can't have my nephew or niece hungry because you can't take care of yourself properly."

Bonnie rolls her eyes at that. Living with the Mikaelsons is turning out to be more bizarre than she expected.

Rebekah is surprisingly thoughtful and domestic as she makes her a plate of scrambled eggs and toast, along with orange juice. They're eating in a comfortable silence, well, Rebekah is enjoying her cup of AB positive while munching on an apple. It's a weird combination, but it could be worse. She could've been munching on a college student.