14

Even in her sleep-fogged state, Bonnie's ears could capture the sounds around her. Birds chirping outside the window, some faint classical music being played downstairs, and pages being flipped at a rapid pace are some of the things she was able to distinguish. Clad in nothing but Klaus' black shirt and boyshort panties, Bonnie was toasty and comfortable on her place under the covers. With no plans for the day, the witch hoped to spend the entire morning in bed, doing nothing but fooling around with Klaus. Their night had been intense, hot, and fun, proving to Bonnie that their little two-month hiatus had no effect on their chemistry. She thought that all of the drama between them mixed with the pregnancy would make their relationship awkward, but it was the complete opposite. All of the drama had actually pushed them to start working on their issues, and while they still had a long way to go, Bonnie finally felt like she could trust Klaus with her emotional safety. And unlike Bonnie had imagined, the changes in her body due to the pregnancy did not hold Klaus back at all. It seemed that the accentuated flare of her hips and her enlarged breasts did nothing but compel him to worship her even more.

"Hmmm," she purred, feeling like a lazy kitten, stretching her right arm to the side and hoping to find a warm, well defined torso to cuddle with. Her eyes flew open when all she could feel was the cold sheet that covered the bed.

Hearing Bonnie's sharp intake of breath when she patted the bed and noticed his absence, Klaus cleared his throat. In that slow, sleepy motion, Bonnie turned around to look at him. With dark brown hair all tousled from their night activities and lips stretched in a small smile, she looked good enough for him to forget everything he was about to say. If it was any other matter, Klaus would probably let go and join her in bed. This one couldn't be ignored, though.

"So, when were you planning on telling me about this?" Klaus wondered, holding up the book so Bonnie could see what he was talking about. The way her body tensed up let him know that he wasn't the first one to stumble into the journal.

Bonnie sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. It was too early to discuss this matter. Nobody should be talking about magic and spells twenty seconds after waking up. Besides, she had planned on the right moment to approach him with that sensitive information. Reading about Ayana and flashbacking to that fateful and traumatic night of his parents killing him was probably gruesome, even for Klaus.

"Nik, come here," Bonnie pleaded in the softest voice she could muster, patting the empty spot next to her. In some situations, the best way to disarm him was by being sweet; and that moment called for a gentler demeanor from her. Klaus was so used to hatred towards him that kindness left him at a loss.

Sure enough, he got up from the bergere at the corner of the room and walked toward her. He did it with a scowl on his face, but obeyed her nonetheless. Sitting on the left edge of the bed, Klaus turned to her, cocking his head to the side as if to ask 'what do you want now?'

"Good morning," she greeted, showing a row of pearly white teeth. In response, Klaus let out a somewhat frustrated breath. How was he supposed to let her have it when she was being this charming?

"Morning. Now-" Klaus started to say, but was interrupted by Bonnie's lips covering his. Not expecting the move, he stood motionless for a few seconds. With his hand cupping her warm cheek, Klaus responded to the kiss, setting a lazy and sweet pace, their parted lips brushing against each other.

"We had a great night, don't ruin it," Bonnie urged, her thumb stroking the hand that was still against her cheek. "And I was going to tell you, as soon as you got your shit together."

Klaus' raised eyebrow displayed the surprise he felt at hearing her blunt words, but Bonnie only shrugged her shoulders. If he didn't want to get called out on his childish behavior, he shouldn't act like a ten year old with a temper tantrum.