20

The morning sunlight streaming from the open curtains hit Bonnie right in the face, warming her up to the point of discomfort until her eyes fluttered open. She rolled around the powder pink 600 thread sheets, frowning when her hands found an empty, cold space instead of Nik's body. Still wrapped around in that hazy, delicious feeling, it took Bonnie a few moments to realize that this lazy morning routine wasn't really a part of her life anymore. Amari would usually wake at six for her morning feeding and then again at nine for a cuddle. Three weeks old, Amari had grown up at a rate that even surprised Lydia. She was becoming quite the adorable baby, with pudgy cheeks and bright blue eyes that contrasted with her bronze skin.

Bonnie jolted awake when she realized it was ten thirty and she was still lounging around; wearing cute pyjamas from the Pink line instead of the button up oversized shirt she had taken to wearing because of its practicality.

"Don't you look like a tasty little morsel?" Klaus asked; announcing his presence as he entered the room. He was carrying a tray filled with fresh cut fruit, mini croissants, apricot jam and her personal favorite, fluffy beignets covered with powder sugar. Despite her initial worry, Bonnie couldn't help but smile at the gesture.

"Don't you look a prince charming, bringing me breakfast in bed like that?" Bonnie said, sitting up against the pile of pillows that was arranged against the headboard.

"And whoever said this is for you? Perhaps I've decided to treat myself to some of Café du Monde's specialty."

"Nik, we both know your idea of a treat is a warm cup of AB plus, directly from the source," Bonnie pointed out with a grin, watching as he carefully set the tray down on the bench by her bed and arranged the food into a pretty, white porcelain plate with blue flowers painted on it.

"False," he retorted, handing her the plate and climbing back in bed with her. Before Bonnie could even pop the first grape in her mouth, Klaus was right there, his lips sucking on the tender skin of her neck. Caught by surprise, Bonnie dropped the fruit and moved a hand to run her nails through his hair. "My idea of a treat is your sweet blood, when I take it from right here."

He dropped another kiss, this time right where her neck and shoulder met. A shudder took over her body, and she shook as if she was standing outside in the harsh winter without proper clothes. Bonnie was hot, blushing from head to toe as she processed his words.

They had engaged in blood play a few times, before Bonnie got pregnant. Then Klaus had decided that it would be better not to partake in that; knowing he could easily get addicted to his child's blood. The shy side of Bonnie was a little embarrassed that she enjoyed such an act. Sleeping with a Klaus was one thing, but letting him drink from her and then drinking his blood to heal seemed to be a taboo. Deep inside, Bonnie's inner voice told her that she shouldn't be embarrassed about what she liked and didn't like.

"Nik," Bonnie gasped out loud, especially when one of his splayed hands caressed the part of her belly that was exposed, right between the t-shirt and her shorts. The moment he touched that spot, she tensed up.

Even though Bonnie was now completely recovered from the birth, she was still going through that stage of insecurity that so many new mother faced when it came to their bodies. The young witch had been active and athletic as far as she could remember. Years of dance and all star cheerleading had built Bonnie a body many would consider ideal; a body she had always been happy with. Now her flat and tight stomach had a little flab and some stretch marks on it and her toned thighs kind of jiggled in a way they hadn't before. Needless to say, while Bonnie was very aroused by Klaus' words and the way he kept sucking on her skin, she wasn't feeling like the sexiest woman in the world.

"What?" Klaus breathed out against her earlobe when he felt her retract from him just a tad instead of completely melting the way she always did.

"It's just that..." she hesitated, feeling somewhat embarrassed by the way she was feeling. She was supposed to be strong, unmoved by anything. How could a few stretch marks faze her so much? "I had a baby and my body isn't like it used to be."