13

Whip, whip. The strands of hair that came loose from the sloppy bun hit Bonnie square on the face. It was annoying, but not enough to keep her from continuing the movement without missing a beat. With labored breathing and heart beating against her chest, Bonnie completed the sequence of fouettés with a triple pirouette. Much to her surprise, she didn't feel like puking afterwards; going back to the old ballet class was almost therapeutic.

Her black leotard was sopping wet, the sweat dripping onto the floor every time she made an abrupt movement. After a month of no physical activity, besides browsing through the expensive shops in London and then Barcelona, Bonnie was trying to get back to her routine. Pilates or yoga in the morning, ballet technique classes before lunch, and contemporary in the afternoon. Pregnant, she didn't have as much energy like before, but Bonnie was determined to keep up with the rest of the class until she physically couldn't. Attending Tulane as a dance major was something Bonnie loved, something that made her more than just a witch from the Bennett line. She had friends at Tulane, a whole new life that had nothing to do with the supernatural world and there was no way Bonnie wanted to lose that.

Being known as the mother of Klaus Mikaelson's child was just like being known as a Bennett witch, and Bonnie didn't want either for herself. After leaving Mystic Falls, Bonnie would not be satisfied until she was her own person.

Feeling her used muscles starting to cramp, Bonnie leaned against a wall and slid right to the floor. The dark wood floor was stained with rosin from the pointe class earlier, but Bonnie didn't care. As a matter of fact, the smell of wood mixed with the sticky powder was comforting and familiar to her.

"You're a mess," Bonnie muttered to herself when she caught her own reflection on the mirrored wall. Hair sticking out in all directions, some of it almost glued to her damp forehead and face shining with all of the dripping sweat, Bonnie looked like she was in a fight. Her muscles sure felt like she had been pummeled. Strangely enough, this was the best Bonnie's felt in days.

With the atmosphere at the plantation still tense due to Klaus' weirdbehavior, Bonnie was more than happy to be back at the familiar place. At least here she could forget the fucked up situation at home and focus on herself. If she couldn't figure out what was going on with Klaus, then she would heed Mrs. Wyatt's advice. Work until she physically couldn't anymore so she wouldn't be left that far behind.

"You're not just a human," Mackenzie announced, holding two humongous water bottles and pushing the door open with her butt. Sprawled out on the floor, Bonnie tensed as soon as she heard those words.

"Huh?" Bonnie asked with a forced laugh, trying to keep the panic at bay. Did Mack know? If she did, how did she find out? As far as Bonnie knew, Mackenzie had no link to the supernatural world, but one could never be certain.

"You were struggling with fouettés before the break. Now you come back pregnant and kicking ass. That's just not normal," Mackenzie explained; her mouth agape with sheer admiration. The redhead knew Bonnie was talented, but today she seemed particularly good, doing the combination that wiped them in class with ease.

Mackenzie didn't notice, but Bonnie released a relieved breath through her nose. She also mouthed a silent thank you to whatever divine force was above her. Even though it would be nice to have another person to confide her troubles, Bonnie didn't want Mack involved with all of this. Some of the vampires and witches in New Orleans were no joke, and Bonnie knew they wouldn't hesitate in using Mack to get to her. And she knew Mack's family; a sweet couple from Georgia and her young brothers, twin terrors if she was remembering right. Bonnie would never forgive herself for causing them pain.

"Mack, I was in demi pointe and shhhh! I don't want people knowing about this yet," she admonished the redhead with a smile, pointing to her stomach. Covered by the black Yumiko leotard, the bump didn't look as obvious as before, resembling a small food baby now.