7

Long, manicured nails painted crimson tap on the mahogany nightstand, indicating Bonnie's boredom. For someone who wants to look like he doesn't care about his appearance, Klaus is taking his sweet time getting ready for this thing he is forcing her to go.

"Tell me again why I have to go? Last time I heard, Marcel's vampires hate witches," she says as soon as the water from the shower stops running. Klaus comes out of the bathroom, a hundred dollar towel wrapped around his waist and droplets of water falling from his hair.

A couple months ago, Bonnie would have blushed and probably left the room. Now that she is well aware of all the details in his body, she doesn't even blink when he drops the towel and walks naked to get some clothes.

"I told you, with Elijah back in town, I figured it would be wise to make nice with Marcel, for a while." Klaus bends down a little, to open one of the drawers and get some underwear. Black boxer briefs, Bonnie's favorite. "I don't want him to get antsy and make rash decisions."

Bonnie sighs, and scoots over to lean on the headboard. She hates to admit it, but he's right. After the whole daylight rings and nightwalkers debacle, they're walking on a thin line when it comes to Marcel, so it would be smart not to piss him off.

"Can't you play nice without me?" Bonnie asks in an almost pleading voice. Some girls may dream of attending a ball in a beautiful designer gown, but not Bonnie. This Friday night, Bonnie wants to be a normal college girl and attend a party in a fraternity house with her friends. Maybe get drunk on tequila shots and hook up with a cute guy.

Klaus gives her a look that's enough for her to know she's not getting out of this one. That look clearly says 'don't try to argue with me, because you'll lose', so Bonnie doesn't insist anymore. She settles for picking invisible lint off her chosen outfit for the night, a tulle dress with short sleeves and boat neck, covered with sequins and crystals. This piece from Zuhair Murad was purchased on one of their trips to New York City, the first really expensive dress Bonnie ever bought. After seeing the wonders it did to her body and self-esteem, Bonnie had taken to buying them with a certain frequency. It was her little secret, filling up her closet with beautiful clothes imported from Paris.

"Stand up for me, love."

With her attention turned to fiddling with her dress and the small white gold bracelet, she barely notices he's already dressed and standing next to her. She raises her head to analyze his appearance, and of course he looks good. Klaus looks good in a white t-shirt and faded blue jeans, so it's no wonder that the tailored black pants and crisp white dress shirt would be perfect on him. His lips curl in a smirk when he catches her ogling, and Bonnie lifts an eyebrow in response.

"Let me button your cuffs," Bonnie says, getting up from his massive king-sized bed and wrinkling the Egyptian cotton duvet cover. Standing next to him without her sky high Louboutins accentuates the height difference between the two of them, and Bonnie almost feels like a child when her head barely reaches his shoulders.

With an intimacy that Bonnie never thought they would share, Bonnie takes his arm and starts to work on the small mother of pearl buttons. When she's all done, Klaus picks up her hands and brings them to his lips. Bonnie is a little taken aback with that, but she figures it's just Klaus being flirtatious.

"You look amazing," he comments quietly, staring her down with no shame. Who can blame him, though? The dress she's wearing is practically sheer, with only sequins covering the important parts. Other than that, it looks like Bonnie is naked and he can't stop admiring the way her tanned and toned legs look against the silver fabric. Bonnie gives him a sunny smile, laughing as she does a small twirl. She knows her ass is a killer in this gown, so why not show it? After so many years of being the moderate cute friend of the blonde bombshell Caroline Forbes, it's exhilarating to feel beautiful again.