71-

'Thea McGregor wasn't an idiot. She knew she didn't have a normal family. She knew that her grandfather was a legend, and that her father was an actor. She knew that her mother was well liked and so were her uncles and aunt. She knew that Damon Albarn wasn't just a family friend, and he was a musician. She wasn't stupid. Even though her older sisters and her family would all try to sugar coat it, she knew what had been going on.

In fact, she was glad that at least her grandfather had enough common sense to tell her the truth most of the time. Or would tell her stories about her mother and father. Occasionally about Damon and her mother. She had begun to like those stories more as of late.

But she wasn't stupid.

She knew her mother had cheated on her father. Through letters of all things. She knew her father had also cheated.

She also knew that her mother paid him heavily every month. She accidentally saw the check one time.

She knew her sisters held more resentment for their father because according to them, Chloe and Damon's relationship had been tragic. And at least she hadn't had sex with him in 20 years. That they knew of.

She didn't dislike her mom, or her dad. She didn't dislike Damon. In fact she really liked him, and understood why her mom had clung onto him for all those years.

But she was annoyed.

School had gotten particularly more annoying, especially due to the influx of messages or dms about her family to celebrity gossip sites. Normally, she wasn't a target for anyone. I mean, she had parents and famous family in a different way. Her celebrity connections were the ones that only adults would really care about, maybe a few kids would. But not many.

But now, everyone seemed to be making assumptions about her life. It had been bad enough when her father's affair had come out. Kids had told her it "wasn't the Jedi way" and she'd nearly socked one of them in the mouth. But this was weirder.

Today, her friend had asked her:

"Is your mom really going out with that guy?"

To which she had said: "What guy?"

"The one from that band, I don't know. My mom said something about it."

She wrinkled her nose. She knew that Chloe did not associate with the parents of this school, let alone fill them in on her life. Her mother was private. Except for her photographs. Those were the one thing she'd share.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

That was what she said.

But then other people began to ask her about it.

"Your mom is screwing the guy from the tik tok songs?"

First of all, that was offensive to her. Second of all, gross.

"My mom isn't your business."

And she thought that would've been the end of it, but unfortunately there were whispers and rumors. And all sorts of stupid shit. So by the time the day was over, she was exhausted and ready to go home. Not to her father's new house. She missed her home.

So when Ewan McGregor rolled up to collect his daughter, he was met with a grouchy face.

"Where's mom?" She asks irritatedly "Isn't she supposed to be back today?"

"She's got an event. Thought she told you?"

"What? No. She didn't." She rolls her eyes as she gets into the car. "What's it for?"