Chapter 5

After her double cardiac event, earlier that morning, Wednesday had shut off completely as she typed at her typewriter- a very vintage and strange thing for a teenager to own, but to each their own.

Enid had gotten ready, a bit jilted that Wednesday didn't even care to notice her existence, and totally not because she looked totally cute that day and maybe, sort of wanted Wednesday to think so too.

Not that she'd ever admit that. No matter how hard Yoko tried.

"Come on," Yoko whined, heaving a heavy fabricated sigh. "I ask so little of you, Enid, and yet you refuse to deliver. All I want is to revel in the wonderful drama of your life together."

Enid snorts, biting into some of her breakfast wrap. She swallows. "There is no drama, and I literally have not a clue what it is you even want to know!"

Yoko pulls her sunglasses down the bridge of her nose, her eyes flashing a brilliant red that was probably meant to be intimidating, but alas, Enid raises a hand- the other following suite, moving in a circle as she slowly unveils her middle finger. Yoko pushes her glasses into place.

"Enid, please," Yoko pinches the bridge of her nose, a dramatic sigh once again making its appearance. She'd do well in a play, Enid thinks as she watches the way the vampire places a hand to her forehead, the other grappling at her chest. "Please tell me the intricacies about your festering love affair for our resident goth!"

Wide eyed, Enid nearly chokes on the sip of orange juice she had been drinking. "Keep it down!"

"What? Don't want everyone to know about how in love you are with an Addams?"

Enid thinks she's developing a migraine, picking a piece of scrambled egg that fell from her wrap and chucking it at the laughing brunette.

"Hey! If you didn't want that, no need to waste!" Tyler pouts, slipping into the space next to the blonde, stealing the scraps on the plate. Xavier, following behind, grimaces.

"How am I in love with a human garbage disposal?"

Tyler leans his head back against his boyfriends stomach, the latter's hands coming up to cup his cheeks as they lock eyes, all smiles and secret exchanges.

"See, Ends? That could be you, if you just accepted it!"

She thinks she might throw her entire wolf-form at the vampire and mawl her, when the two boys turn to look at her curiously.

"What's Enid got to accept?" Comes Ajax, drinking from his takeaway coffee. Enid thinks her face is as red as the polish- Ruby Wishes- on her ring fingers.

"Nothing, Yoko is just being a pain in the ass."

Xavier pops his switch out of his bag, handing them each a controller as they all move to squish onto one side of the picnic bench.

"This is so cozy, guys. We should cuddle more often." Ajax deadpans, but doesn't move away from where he's squashed between the two boyfriends.

Thankfully, the topic doesn't continue on her not-crush, but Yoko mouths a:

This isn't finished.

Enid wonders if it's too late to take her best friend back to freshman year and return her.

-

Classes pass by agonizingly slow. Usually Enid loves her classes. She takes Home Economics, Intro to Ancient Literature, Lycan Anthropology and a few others she's not quite as fond of, but still enjoys. But for some reason, today, all she wants is to be in the back of Thornhill's class, learning about carnivorous plants while Bianca shows everyone up before the question has even been asked.