Chapter 8

Enid woke up, dazed and confused in a bed not her own. She sat up, hissing through her teeth when a pounding ache formed at the base of her skull and spider-webbed to her forehead.

"Fuck."

A cool hand grabbed her wrist, stabilizing her. She could smell something metallic. Yoko.

"Easy there, wereidiot." Yoko cooed, her voice soft spoken as she helped ease Enid back down onto the bed. "You took a nasty fall. Best not to over do it."

Blinking the spots and fuzziness form her eyes, she met Yoko's that peered at her in concern from beneath her sunglasses.

"What happened?" Her throat felt chalky, barely above a whisper.

Xavier was beside her in a flash, with a cold cup of water. She smiled painfully in thanks. "You did a sequel to the Great Fall of Freshman Year." He cracked a smile, and she felt the panic in her ease at the lightheardedness her friend always provided.

"God... I hope no one saw. The halls were pretty much empty- I think. I don't really know."
She palmed her eye, groaning at the influx of light when Xavier snaps the blinds open.
"How long have I been in here?"

Yoko plunked herself down in a plastic chair, leaning her crossed feet on the bed. "Rest of yesterday and all night. You're lucky you didn't break your two brain cells."

Enid's narrows her eyes. Ha ha. How'd I even get here?"

"Wednesday found you like, seconds after you fell. Pretty impressive, I gotta hand it to her." Tyler supplied, appearing out of thin air with a nurse in tow.

The nurse- the same one who tended to Wednesday, but notably less wound up- smiled. "Any later and your injuries could have been much more grave. Luckily, your Lycan healing abilities have done most of the work for me."

She's breathes a sigh of relief, smiling at the taller boy who leans in to press a kiss to her bandages forehead. "It always amazes me how you're always here when you don't even attend our school."

With a shrug. "What can I say. I just know when I'm needed. I'm like, your guardian Slayngel."

The group groaned.

The nurse smiles politely, tapping her pen on her clipboard to garner everyone's attention. "Okay, Miss Sinclair. You sustained quite a massive traumatic brain injury. With cases like yours, we have to be incredibly careful given any bone or muscle could heal wrong due to your quick healing. Thankfully, your body took care of the internal bleeding and swelling for us."

Enid frowns- she's read and hear about TBI's and the affects of such injury. She's seen tons of Tiktoks of these strong people experiencing major set backs because of one accident.

Xavier squeezes her hand, and she realizes she's been holding her breath. She sighs.

The nurse pulls out a CT scan, pointing to one nasty line in her skull, effectively separating both half's. A chunk of her skull is missing from the back too.

"Fuck!" Yoko exclaims, sitting up straight and leaning closer to the scan. "That's brutal."

"Yes, thank you Ms Tanaka for your insight." The nurse chuckles, smiling warmly at the panicked werewolf. "You didn't need surgery, and your body will heal on its own in time. But it won't be as quick fix. It usually takes 3 to 6 months for a fracture and break to heal, but I estimate a full recovery within three weeks.

The skull is a very resilient thing, and protects our brains. But due to your accident, it is imperative you do not do anything to stress yourself nor further your injury."