Chapter 1

A new beginning
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long day of traveling, Valentina and her family arrived to Seoul. The capital of South Korea. The place where people pursue their dreams for a chance of glory and fame in the movie or business industry.

Valentina was raised her entire life in Jeju Island. A place where she was taught to show kindness and gratitude towards others. But lately, her parents wanted was best for their kids.

So they all moved to Seoul for a better life and in hopes that they can excel in their careers. Valentina grew up with so much love surrounding her. And she is soon about teach what the true meaning of love is to the person she least wants to associate herself with.

The Kim family moved to the suburban side of Seoul. A nice quiet neighborhood. They finally reached their humble abode. Mr. Kim aka Valentina's father exhale as he takes his seatbelt off and he notices his wife and kids where all asleep.

"Aww looking at my precious angels." He gushes while admiring his family in secret. "Time to wake them up and help me unpack!" He presses the car horn.

Ten, Valentina, and Mrs. Kim jolted out of their seats. "Dad?! Are you kidding me?!" Ten bumps his head onto the hood of the car.

"Did you have to wake us up like that?" Valentina groans, rubbing her eyes while yawning at the same time.

"My head." Ten rubs his skull as he looks at the window. "We're here already?" He asks.

Mr. Kim chuckles as his wife stretches her arms out. "The house looks even more amazing in person." She scans the house's every feature.

"Alright family! Time to unpack!" Mr. Kim eagerly steps out of the car. "Alright boys!" He addresses the movers.

"How does dad have so much energy?" Valentina asks.

"Probably because we're going to be living in Seoul, dear." Mrs. Kim says as she steps out of the car.

"Hope we don't stay too long. The people here are egoistic and selfish." Ten also steps out.

"Where did you hear that?" Valentina goes after him.

"Trust me, Val. People like dad have romanticized Seoul that they can't even tell what reality is. It's not innocent like in the dramas." Ten shuts the car door.

"I know." She whispers.

"Enough chitchatting you two." Mrs. Kim approaches them. "Start unpacking because you two start college in two days."

~2 Days Later~

"What's taking her so long?" Ten shields his face with his hand.

"Stop rushing. She said she'll be here in 5 minutes." Valentina says.

"I can't be late to my first class. This is Seoul University that we're talking about. You can't just be late whenever you feel like it." Ten sits up from the bench.

"There she is!" Valentina waves at Irene.

"Val!!" Irene ran towards Valentina, hugging her firmly.