Chapter 21

Miracles In December
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That's a nice design and but here's the thing!" Ten chuckles. "We have a guest in the house and I think it would be extremely rude if we didn't start eating right away!" He groans.

"I agree with Ten, honey. I think you've starved us long  enough." Mr. Kim says as his stomach rumbles out loud for everyone to hear.

"Fine. But grab what you're going to eat." Mrs. Kim says. "We still have to save this for New Years Eve."

"Let's go!!" Ten and Mr. Kim run like heck to the kitchen as they grab their plate.

"Are you hungry?" Valentina asks Sehun and nods as he stands up and he follows Valentina into the kitchen.

As Sehun enters the kitchen, his curiosity was peaked upon seeing these dishes that he's never seen before in his life. "What is all of this?" Sehun asks Valentina.

"My mom and I made Mexican traditional food from my dad's side of the family. I think you're going to like it more than I do." She chuckles.

"Please help yourself with whatever you feel like, but sure to save room for dessert." Mr. Kim says as he sets the utensils down on the table.

Sehun smiles. "What do you recommend?" He asks.

"Try the Tamales. There's a variety of them. Some are filled with green or red chili and others have raisins and pineapple in them." Mr. Kim says.

"I'll try the red ones." Sehun says.

"That's the spirit." Mr. Kim hands him a red spicy chili tamale.

Everyone serves themselves their plate and Sehun sat down next to Valentina. Valentina glances at Sehun as he was about to try the tamale. He wraps it as he takes his first bite and Valentina was already dying to know how it tasted it like.

"Well?!" She blurts out. "How is it?!"

"It's delicious." He smiles as takes another bite.

"I knew it!" Mr. Kim says. "No one can resist the taste of tamales."

"You fool!! Your daughter and I made these!" Mrs. Kim says.

"Can I grab a second one?" Sehun asks.

"Yeah. Yeah! Take as much as you want!" Mr. Kim says.

"There's still other food that you need to try." Valentina says.

Sehun stands up to get some more.

"I just know that he's going to love the dessert that we made." Valentina says.

"So Val? When did you two guys meet?" Mrs. Kim asks as she sets her drink down.

Sehun came back and sat down on the table as Valentina glances at him.

"We meet the first week of school." She says.

"You go to Seoul University?" Mrs. Kim asks.

Sehun nods. "Affirmative. I'm in the same year as her." He says.