Chapter 20

An Unexpected Surprise
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Christmas Eve~

Saturday morning rolled in as the snow was starting to fall. Dark clouds soon started appearing in the sky as the snow flakes became more and more heavier.

"Ten?! Quit staring at those presents, and go take a shower! You need to look your best tonight!" Mrs. Kim yells.

"No one is even coming! It'll just be us! And besides I just know that Val is going to hide my presents from me." He says.

"I literally have no time to prank you today." Valentina says, walking into the living room.

"Nice try!" Ten says. "I don't believe one word that comes out of that clown!"

"The more you provoke me, the more I'll feel like hiding your presents!"

"Go shower right now!" Mrs. Kim grabs her chancla out of her foot and Ten immediately runs like heck to the bathroom.

"Look at dad. Already passed out on couch watching soccer." Valentina walks into the kitchen.

"He's faking it to get out of helping me with making dinner." Mrs. Kim says. "But I'll find a way to crack him open. It's a good thing your father is handsome because I would left him a long time ago."

Valentina giggles. "But didn't you reject him many times in your college years?"

"Because he's was a huge playboy. I didn't know if he was being serious in wanting a relationship with me."

"Lies!" Mr. Kim wakes up from his nap. "You're throwing in the towel honey! Don't listen her Val. Your mother is making me look like the villain here. She's the real villain here! Not me!" He whispers.

"Look who's awake." Valentina whispers.

Mrs. Kim hits him with her chancla. "Instead of making me look like the bad guy in front of our daughter, why don't you help us get the measuring cups out of the cupboard?!"

"Yes, honey." He walks past her and makes faces at his wife from behind and Valentina burst into laughter.

"Hey!!" She turns around, and chases her husband throughout the house. "Come back here!!"

Seeing her parents bonding after all these years after being married for more then 20 years made her feel hopeful about her relationship with Sehun.

But she was a little upset that she wasn't going to spend Christmas with Sehun, but respecting his boundaries is more important to an efficient relationship.

~Later that same afternoon~

"You and your son are going to finish up with the tamales. Your daughter and I have cooked everything else!" Mrs. Kim says.

"But mom...!"

"But nothing!" Mrs. Kim says firmly.

"I already cleared the snow out of the porch and car!" Mr. Kim says.

"It's just a simple task! I left you two some instructions." Mrs. Kim walks off.