❀𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑦?(1/3)

I got this request from @lili21315

Hopper was finally back from Russia (however, nothing about them expressing their feelings for each other happened in this story, nor did any other crap happen after they reunited at the end of the season) and things were starting to look up. Hopper and Eleven were over at the Byer's house for lunch. Which Hopper was extremely grateful for, considering he didn't really have a place to live, and he had Eleven, for whom he wanted to provide a stable home. Jim rubbed his eyes and groaned quietly. His entire body ached. From his head to his merely a day old wounds from Russia and the demigorgan he had fought. "Dad?" Eleven shook his shoulder.

"Yes, honey?" He mumbled.

"Are you okay?" He only nodded his head. He could feel Joyce's eyes on him. He took a deep breath, but ended up coughing. He however finished his food, and witnessed as the kids all left the table together. Great. He would have to be alone with Joyce and she would be able to see how much he was suffering.

"Good Lord, Hop, you look miserable." Without warning she pressed the back of her hand to his forehead as a mother would do. "You're burning up..." He swallowed. Hard. As she gently took his chin in her hand and lifted his head. "And you're pale as a ghost." She sighed.

"Joyce, I'm fine." He replied with a scratchy voice.

"And you sound horrible." She shook her head.

"I'm fine. Everything is fine." But there was a look in his eyes. And she couldn't get it out of her head.

"Your cabin was destroyed and you sold the house you had before it." She left to take a seat across from him, and leaned across the table. "Do you even have somewhere to live?" She said it almost a whisper. Hopper's stuffy nostrils flared.

"Don't worry about it, Byers, I have everything under control."

"She's my daughter too. I care about her. And I care about you too. You've done a lot for me. And right now... the least I can do is offer you a place to stay." This only made Hopper groan.

"Joyce, you don't even have the room." It was true. Their small couches wouldn't be able to house a grown man. (I don't remember their furniture size, so if I'm wrong, just pretend I'm right)

"Yes I do." Jim raised his eyebrows and scoffed.

"Where?" He asked.

"My room." There was a smirk in her voice. Hopper swallowed once again.

"What...?"

"My bed is a king size, it can easily fit two adults." Jim had to think fast. God knows what would go through his head while sharing a bed with the Joyce Byers, the woman he's been in love with since high school.

"I'll get you sick." The four words jumbled together.

"That's highly unlikely, I may be short, but that has nothing to do with my immune system, which is pretty damn great. I only get sick once in a long while." Joyce shrugged. "Just... please. I want to know that you and El are safe, and this is the most effective way to do it... we'll be like one big family, it'll be fine." It was at this moment, that former Chief of Hawkins, Jim Hopper, accepted defeat from his almost-lover.