5 || 'J' IS FOR JEALOUS

SIERA'S POV:

| Monday | 4:50 pm |

After I made Virahi to agree to go to the party, I left her room. I was about to close the door of her room but I heard a ring on her phone. Curiosity took over me and I waited outside to see her. Someone messaged her.

As I was standing there, I saw Virahi's face lit up and a smile crept on her lips. Who was that? Who made Virahi smile? I frowned as I continued to watch, Virahi's fingers were quickly tapping on the screen; forming a virtual sentence to send to the person opposite of the phone. Who was she texting with a lot of enthusiasm? Was that even connected to her indifference of not going to the party?

I knew I was being delusional but I couldn't help. My heart was beating fast. I impatiently wanted to see the person she was talking to, I knew I could be proven wrong but still I didn't care. Virahi was mine, she was only mine and I just couldn't let someone took away the angel who lit up my life. A pang of jealousy hit my chest. It was funny but, love was a blind bitch.

As I was thinking of those baseless possibilities, suddenly I saw Virahi got up from her chair. Was she gonna come out of her room? Oh shit- I quickly entered my room and half closed it and sat on my desk pretending to study seriously.

I felt Virahi came out of her room and passed by my room. Oh- no did she stop by my room? Did she see me? Oh fuck- but to my luck, she went down to downstairs. I sighed. Maybe she just wondered what I was doing. But wait- why would she? Did she suspect anything? And her indifference of not going to the party was also bugging me now.

Ugh-! That's it Siera! What the hell were you thinking! She was a human too and could do whatever the hell she wanted. It was not your fucking business!

I held my head and messed up my hair in frustration. I was so fucked up in my head. But one thing for sure, I could feel my heart racing like there was no tomorrow. My cheeks were heated up in some unknown reason and I badly wanted Virahi right then! But then somehow I felt extremely sad and hid my face in my palms.

Unknowingly, the palms of my hands got wet. Did I just cry? The thought of crying made my eyes to get more soaked up with fresh waters and one by one they started to fall making me taste the saltiness of it as well as the bitterness of my stupidity.

Why? Why am I feeling like this? It was sick! But I couldn't help, the more Virahi's thought lined up in my mind; the more I felt like crying my lungs out. It hurt...it badly hurt.

The feeling of jealousy hurt like no other..

--

At the dinner time, I wasn't feeling like eating. Casue I knew I couldn't stand infront of Vira. I was laying on my bed staring at the ceiling blankly. Dried tear strains were still embracing my cheeks while more were forming in my eyes making my vision unclear. I didn't know what I was crying for? Only jealousy? Or was I also craving for Virahi's love?

Before more thoughts could scramble in my head I got up and washed my face in my bathroom. I stared at my swollen face, tired of crying and the reddish nose. I calmed myself down cause I just couldn't go downstairs infront of everyone with this face. Finally, I decided to eat cause there was no compromise with food and my stomach was growling.

I wiped my face clearly, leaving no hints that I was crying, still I didn't felt the necessity of putting on a smile. I looked down and slowly went downstairs.

As I was in downstairs, I tried not to glance at anyone, specially Vira. I sat down on the chair opposite of Virahi and slowly started to eat when I heard my father,