CHAPTER 7

Two weeks have passed and living with girls brings me immense joy as well as annoyance. I mean I love them a lot but sometimes I need some time for myself and since two weeks I was unable to get some time alone even to think whenever I was at home I spent all the time talking with them and office has been pretty much busy as usual as a new intern I always keep up with the work because I don't want to create unnecessary issues with my job. My boss Katherine Williams is pretty amazing and successful woman. She is sweet and kind and today she called a meeting which was supposed to be held two weeks ago. The so called new project related meeting got postponed due to her health condition. She got a flu and took leave from the work. Today she is back and here I am sitting infront of one my colleagues who is looking at our boss in irritation and I am trying to look interested in her boring speech. I meant when I said she is sweet but we don't need to hear the same speech everytime we gather for a meeting. It's always about how her husband helped her in building her successful career and blah blah blah. Its nice but I don't need to hear it all the time. Can't she just get to the point?

"So as you guys already know the purpose of this meeting today. I want to announce a new project and I am sure this project is going to be one the best of our company". She smiled at us.

"So the thing is our publishing company has  published lots of works by many great and well known authors but this time I want our company to produce two magazines of our own". She said.

"What ? Magazines of our own"? One of my senior asked.

"Yes. Let me share my idea first". She smiled at her making him flustered.

"Sure mam". He replied.

"I know most of you are thinking what's this all about and now listen to me carefully. I have called only ten members into this meeting which means the project is for only you guys.Firstly two teams will be created and each team will be responsible for making one magazine. The theme of the magazine will be upto the team members and the magazine has to be unique and should contain a story for viewers. Not a novel type story but it should portray a good message. It's not a competition so it will be good if two teams cooperate and work together. I don't want any unnecessary drama in my office and Lastly Sean will be the captain of team A and Graham will lead team B". She said and stared at us waiting for our reactions.

"That's a fantastic idea mam"! Graham said and we all nods in agreement.

"So mam what kind of magazine it is"? Martha asked.

"As I already said that's upto you guys. You should decide the theme and Sean and Graham will update me with everything".She replied.

"That sounds good". Brittany said.

"Well you guys can decide who will be in whose team after this meeting. For now listen to me carefully. After six months I want two magazines at my table. This will be a new project for our company so I want it to be the best that's why I have chosen my best employees for it and I hope all of you will live up to my expectations and Ofcourse all twelve of you will be rewarded". Katherine said.

"Mam we are just ten members"? Sean asked in confusion.

"Yes I know Sean. Two photographers will be here tomorrow as new members. They are young and talented. I have seen their work and I know them personally so yeah. I hope everything is clear now"? She asked politely to each of us.

"No mam there is nothing to ask. And we will do our best on this project". Nina said.

"Thankyou everyone. Our meeting come to an end now. I'll take my leave but you guys can stay and decide about the teams. Sean, Graham I want list of the members of your respective teams tomorrow and good luck everyone". Katherine walked out of the board room. All of us erupted into talking as she left the room.

"I can't believe she selected us both for this"! Brittany squealed beside me. After hearing her I noticed only three junior interns are present here. Remaining seven members are our seniors who has worked here for years we are nothing to them compared to experience but I am so happy as we got selected for it.

"Guys I think we should decide the teams first". Graham stood at the end of the table and nods at Sean who got up from his chair and walked towards him.

"So how do we decide"? Sean wriggles his eyebrows.

"We will write our names on chits then you and Graham pick the chits. That way we can get both the teams easily". I suggested.

"That's a nice idea Anna". Sean smiled at me.

They followed my idea and I ended up in team A whose leader is Sean along with Joseph, Martha and Brittany. I am glad me and Britt are in same team. I wished to be in Sean's team because I like his easy going nature. He was the one who talked to me and gave me a tour of office on my first day since then he is my friend. I have talked to Graham as well for few times but he is kind of grumpy. So I guess I am good with Sean.

"So guys are you excited to work together"? Sean asked four of us. We occupied a corner of office as soon as the teams are made.

"Ofcourse we are". Martha said.

"I hope you listen to my orders and don't behave like brats". Sean joked. Brittany and I laughed at him while Martha shooks her head with a smile and Joseph looked at him in annoyance.

"If any of us is brat in this team then clearly its you Sean". Joseph said.

"Come on kid. Don't be a brat". Sean patted Joseph's shoulder.

"We are of same age". Joseph glared at him.

"Ignore these two. They are best friends who always annoys each other". Martha said to me and Brittany.

"What's your age"? Brittany asked.

"Mine"? Joseph smirks at her.

"I asked to both of you". Britt replied looking a little flustered by his attention.

"It's 28 Britt. Now let's go and have some lunch". Sean said.

"Lunch"? Martha asked.

"Yes it will be good for our team bonding. We will discuss about the magazine tomorrow after the joining of our final member". Sean puts his arm on my shoulder and drags me outside followed by Brittany, Martha and Joseph.