CHAPTER 26

Me and Grayson talked for sometime and went back to party. My four friends are standing in a corner with their boyfriends and they are looking worried.

"Is everything alright"? I asked as I approached them followed by Grayson.

"Where the hell were you Anna ? We thought you left the party"! Hayley yelled. Thank god music is on.

"We are so sorry for leaving you alone. We didn't realised when you left our side". Selena apologised.

"We thought you left because we abandoned you in the party". Ashley said. My friends are watching me with guilty faces and their boyfriends are looking guilty as well. They knew about my feelings towards Aaron. They are like a family to me so I didn't mind it when they asked me about it. I decided to tease them a little.

"I knew this was going to happen". I muttered. Beside me I heard a snicker. I am sure Grayson is enjoying himself.

"We are sorry Anna". Nora said this time.

"It's okay Nora. I don't blame you guys but I felt so bored for the whole time". I bite lip controlling my laughter. Listening to me their faces fell.

"Now. I am upset". I heard Grayson's voice.

"Why are you upset"? I asked him.

"You were feeling bored all the time huh"? He questions.

"Oh come on Grayson. I enjoyed your company if that's what you want to hear".

"I am honoured Anna". He smiled cheekily.

"What's going on"? Kevin asked. I Looked at my friends who has confusion written over their faces.

"Listen everyone I am not sad or upset. I just left to get myself a drink where I met Grayson and then we started talking and I didn't realised time. So don't blame yourself". I told them a half truth. If I said I left them to give them some space they will definitely feel guilty.

"Who is he"? Nora asked.

"This is Grayson. Kevin and Simon's best friend. And this is Nora and her boyfriend Michael. And this is Ashley and her boyfriend Mark". I introduced them.

"I am sure you already know Selena and Hayley". I said as he shakes hand with the others.

"But where were you"? Hayley asked.

"We were in the balcony". Grayson replied to her.

"I hope he behaved well with you Anna". Simon flashes his smile.

"I am a charming guy Simon. I know how to behave around beautiful woman". Grayson smiles.

"Don't worry Simon. Your friend here is indeed a charming man". I laughed looking at Grayson. My friends looks at me with happy and mildly curious expression.

"So how are you doing birthday boy? Enjoying the party so far"? Grayson asked Simon. His eyes held mischief.

"I am not a kid who need birthday parties like this. I dont even know half of the people here". Simon voice full of annoyance. Kevin and Grayson laughed at him.

"Come on Simon don't be like that. You should thank your sister for such an amazing party". Hayley said.

"Ofcourse I will thank her but that doesn't mean I liked it" . He muttered.

"Let's dance". Nora said to no one in particular.

"Before us you got to see Grayson. He is an amazing dancer". Kevin said.

"You dance"? I asked in surprise.

"I used to in college. Not anymore". He replied.

"Don't by shy Grayson. Show us some moves". Simon laughs.

"Go on. We all want to see". I said. He shakes his head and removes his jacket throwing at me which I caught before it hits my face. He asked to dj to change the music and then he took over the dance floor which was obviously the middle of the room. By the time he finished I was standing there just staring at him in awe. He got to be a professional dancer or something. His moves were so smooth.

"I guess I rocked by the way you are staring me". Grayson came towards me.

"You were fantastic".  I passed his jacket.

"Thanks".

"Kevin is a singer and you are dancer. I must say you guys are talented". Nora said.

"Yeah you were great". Michael said.

"Dancing was my hobby when I was a child". Grayson said.

"Well then you are very good at it". Ashley smiles at him.

"Thanks and Mark don't glare at me man. I am not going to steal your girl". Grayson chuckled.

"I can't help it but sorry for glaring". Mark said but I am sure he is far from feeling sorry. That man is very possessive of Ashley. Actually all the guys are possessive over the girls and I feel so happy to see my friends so much in love.

"Don't worry I have already set my eyes on someone else". Grayson said.

"Who is it"? I asked.

"You really need to ask that"? He smirks. I felt good talking to him as a friend but I can't do this right now.

"You are joking right"? I swallowed. He searched my eyes and his eyes soften.

"You have spent almost three hours with me and you still didn't realised my flirtatious nature. Ofcourse I was joking". He smiles at me and I smiled back in relief.

We spent rest of the night chatting and enjoying ourselves. After a long time I had such an amazing time. Grayson took my number before I left the party. As I came back I changed my clothes and removed my makeup. Hayley stayed at Simon's today and Nora went with Michael. Selena and Ashley went into their room. I am sure they will be asleep by now. I laid down on bed waiting for sleep to come. Today went well. I didn't fake any smile or laugh. I felt good and all thanks to Grayson. He is flirty but I liked his carefree personality a lot. He is like a combination of both a mature and a naughty man. Looking at him and spending some time with him make me realised how much I was really sulking. I love Aaron with all my heart and I am sure my love isn't going to seize. I am hurting everyday because of his absence and I don't even know he misses me or not. It is not fair when a person is the constant thought of our whole day but he didn't even know how we felt. We didn't know if we crossed their minds as well. He is important to me. I miss him everyday and I am sure I will miss him in the future as well but I can't do this to myself. Not anymore. I have to live my life as I used to live. It will not be the same anymore. I have suffered a lot already. I lost myself. And now I have to try to find lost pieces of myself before it's too late.