CHAPTER 10

"Anna". I turned my head in his direction and found him staring at me with his stupid half smile. He often does that when he is around new people. I have seen his complete smile as well where he was smiling so beautifully showing his teeth and I think that was the first time I heard him laugh. During Marcus's wedding I observed him a lot. With the way he was engaging with people I think he is an introvert person. He spoke very rarely and truth to be told I never saw him speaking with someone at aunt's house except his family members and the people who approaches him to speak. He was either using his phone or just sitting silently in a corner. Never getting involve in conversations with others. I even asked Selena about it and she said he is just like that. He rarely attends any family function and is always busy with his work.

"Yes"? I asked returning his half smile with a full one trying my best to pretend how unaffected I am by his presence. I need to get a grip of myself cause I am gonna work with this man for six months.

"I was so surprised when I saw you at first but its nice to meet you again". He said.

"I was surprised too and yeah it's nice to meet you too". I said.

"I didn't knew you work here". Is he trying to make a conversation here. Well then I will behave and talk to him like I usually do when I meet friends and acquaintances and Ofcourse he falls in the latter category.

"Now you know. I already knew that you are a photographer". I said.

"How? Who told you that"? He asked defensively as if he does something illegal and I got to know about it.

"I dont remember. I think I just heard at aunt Vanessa's house". I shruggs at his behaviour.

"Oh. Actually I don't like it when people discuss about my life. Don't mind it but I am paranoid af". See he is a total introvert.

"Okay. Don't worry you were not the topic of discussion for most of the time". I joked.

"I am glad to hear that". He chuckled  making me smile.

"So Aaron you will be working here for the magazine right"? I asked

"Yes. I am here only for six months. Actually I have met Katherine in a party. We talked about my work. Next day she visited my studio and then she presented this opportunity and here I am".

"Here you are. By the way the idea about sports and literature was really amazing". I really liked the idea not because I am being biased here. Even if someone else has suggested that idea I would have agreed with them.

"Less then yours. Nature and psychology are very interesting subjects". He said.

"I appreciate that you like it". I said.

"Not just me everyone liked it especially that man". He pointed to Joseph.

"Yeah". I nodded not knowing what to say to him.

"You and that girl Brittany right"? He asked I nodded at him so he can continue. " only you two seems very young compared to them. When did you started working here"?

"Seven months ago and I am grateful for the opportunity they have given us". I said.

"I guess both of you deserved it that's why you are here". He tilted his head a little and smiles at me. This time a complete and genuine smile.

"I guess so". I looked down at my hands as my heart started racing at his simple and polite gesture.

"I hope we can be friends Anna". His voice sounding genuine.

"I hope so too Aaron". I truly wants to be his friend. I want to know him. I want to know about his life, his hobbies, his passions, his everything.

"Enough"! Britt got up from her chair suddenly.

"Are you alright Brittany"? Martha asked.

"Yes. I was just going to restroom". She replied and then called my name.

"You need Anna over there"? Joseph asked humorously.

"Any problem with that"? She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Not at all". He chuckles.

"Anna? Will you come now"? She asked getting impatient.

"Excuse me". I said to Aaron and went towards Brittany. She took my hand and dragged me along with her. As we entered in the restroom she looked at me expectantly.

"Aren't you going to go in"? I asked gesturing at one of the door.

"No. I just dragged you here to know about Aaron. So what's going on? I saw you two were speaking but I was unable to hear. You guys were talking very low". She sighed in disappointment.

"I still can't believe my luck. He of all people has to be our team's photographer and can you imagine it? I have to work with him for six freaking months"!

"Don't be over dramatic. You will live". She said.

"No Britt. You dont understand It was like I was controlling myself And my stupid heart. I don't know how I am gonna survive my next six months". I rested my forehead against the wall closed my eyes.

"Umm... Anna are you sure it is just a crush? Because I have seen you before when you had a crush on that new guy. You were playful and careless about it and after sometime you said you got over the crush but now you seem so different". She said.

"Different as in"? I opened me eyes

"As if you are afraid. I don't know why you are afraid but I know one thing whatever happens Anna you never let anything personal effects your professional life". She placed her hands on my shoulders and squeezed a little.

"Let's go back. We should not upset Sean". I said in a low voice. She looked at me for a brief moment and then dropped her hands from my shoulders.

"By the way you failed to mention most important thing". She said.

"What"? I asked in confusion.

"That man is super hot"! She said referring to Aaron.

"Just hot"? I asked in a teasing tone.

"You know better".  She winked at me and walked out.

We entered our new office and found Sean is sitting on his chair and typing something on the computer. He stopped when he spotted us and smiled.

"We were waiting for you to come back". He got up from his chair.

"Oh sorry for making you guys wait". I apologised and Brittany did the same.

"Anna and Brittany stop being so formal". Sean said. We took our seats and Sean begins to talk.

"I have presented our ideas to Katherine and even talked to Graham about it so that you know our magazines doesn't collides with same content. So yeah. Katherine loved it and said we can proceed with it and now we have to decide about how we are going to bring our thoughts into action". Sean said.

"You obviously has something in mind so why dont you say first"? Joseph said.

"I was thinking about we should not divide the topics. We all should work on it together and then we can proceed for the other one. Like that we will be able to produce more accurate info".

"I agrees with Sean. Rather than going for individual subjects we all should work on a single subject first. We get different opinions and suggestions from all of us". Martha said.

"I guess we all agree with you and Martha". Jospeh looked at three of us and we nodded in agreement.

"For now. Anna make a list of our topics and divide it accordingly so we get to know how much time we have to spend on one particular topic". Sean said.

"Ofcourse". I said and got busy in completing my task as Sean was assigning works to all the individuals.