CHAPTER 19

Saturday went well. We went to shopping as decided and then we had a movie night after so long. Spending time with them took my mind away from him for sometime but just like that he occupied my thoughts again. Since the moment I became his friend he became my constant thought. He didn't took time to claim his place in my heart rather he hit me like a storm. No matter how much we tries to save ourselves from a storm in the end it will effect our life in one way or the other. He came like a storm. Rips out my peace and hope and went forward. I have always dreamed about a happy ever after. Its obvious to think and believe in forever when you are so obsessed with romantic novels. When I was teenager I used to wonder what it would be like to fall in love. I was excited  to feel those butterflies people claim to experience. I wanted all that sweet gestures and romantic talks I have read in books but I never thought I would fall in love but I won't be able to experience it like others. I fell in love but it is one sided.

You know people think one sided love as just a timely feeling which goes away eventually. Maybe it's true. Every feeling we once felt goes away with time but the scars it leaves behind never fades. One sided love can be both a blessing as well as a curse. A blessing because you got to feel something for someone at a point which filled your life with immense happiness even though it was limited and it is a curse because it is doomed since the beginning. It's not always the possibility that the other  person will reciprocate the feelings as well. Wanting someone to love you who doesn't love you back destroys your heart. It's the most excruciating thing you can ever feel. In a relationship atleast people gets love in return. They spends their time together creating some beautiful memories but with one sided love it's only imagination. Every thought is filled with what if and the most scariest part is sometimes it leads to self doubt.

Noise from the living room pulled me back from my thoughts. I closed my book which is just lying in my lap as my mind was somewhere else. I kept my book at the desk and went out of my room to see what's happening. As I came out I saw Hayley and Selena are arguing about something while Nora and Ashley are just watching them while eating candies. I asked Ashley gesturing at the arguing girls and she just shrugged and concentrated on their fight.

"I am saying you Hayley I am not coming with you". Selena yelled. She is not looking angry just slightly annoyed.

"What's going on"? They both stopped arguing and turned to me.

"Selena is just acting like a drama queen over a small thing". Hayley muttered.

"I am not acting like you". Selena scoffed. Hayley glared at her in response. Ashley and Nora started laughing and I  tried to control my laughter.

"Will anyone tell me what happened"? I asked sternly.

"Let me tell you Anna. I asked Selena to go on a double date with me and Simon. I know one of his cousin and I asked her to come with me but she refused". Hayley explained.

"I don't even know the guy. I don't want to go on date with a complete sttanger with you and Simon". Selena argued back.

"Why are you trying to set her up"? Ashley asked popping another candy in her mouth.

"I thought she wants to have a boyfriend that's all". Hayley replied.

"I want to have a boyfriend Hayley but I am not that desperate to go on a double date with a complete stranger. You know me I don't like being set up by other people. It's me who decides who I date. What if I don't like the guy at all? And just because we will be on a double date I have to pretend to be nice with him because of you and Simon". Selena said in a single breath and then took a seat beside Ashley.

"She is right Hayley. We know you are doing this for her but it will be her decision in the end". I said.

"How about you meet the guy before doing this double date thing? Just go on date with him and see if you like him or not". Listening to Nora's suggestion Hayley's face light up.