Love Shield

TWO WEEKS LATER
~Katie~
I snap my gum and blow a bubble. He pops it with his finger. I have been going to the hospital every day ever since the accident.
"You know, you better get better soon, or we miss our monthly picnic. One day left of May." I remind him and he grins.
"I get out tomorrow. Finally, I can leave this hell hole."
"Ironically, this hell hole brought you back to life."
He winks, "That's why you come around every day."
"Well, I wouldn't visit an empty bed."
"Well you do that every night."
"True."
"You know, it doesn't have to be empty all the time, Hun." He suggests and winks.
"You're disgusting!" I hit him lightly.

"Katie." He takes my hands, he only does that when he's serious.
"James."
"I like... Y-y Our picnics." He stutters.
"Same." I chuckle.
He takes my hand in his,
"you should go."
"Okay." "Later Jamester."
"Later Kater."
I walk out of the door, and down the hall. I hear loud sobs echoing from behind me and I run back to the room. Then they stop. I peer through the window and see a broken James crumpled on the sheets.
"Katie. Katie why can't you understand?!" And before he could see I was there, I ran back down the hall.
//////JAMES//////
I bawl my eyes out. I had to send her out before I broke down.
"Katie. Katie why can't you understand?! Why must you kill me like this? Don't you get it? I need you!" A whimper grows to a shout. My voice softens, "I love you."
But why am I crying over a girl? Because she's Katie.
You could have any girl! I don't want them.
Go make her jealous and date Jennifer Beave. Ok. I fight with myself and it always ends badly.
But I never learn.
~KATIE~
I walk out of the hospital, saddened and slightly disturbed after James's episode. I walk through the courtyard, beautiful pink and purple flowers look over the fertile soil. A bright green-leaved tree rich with color and life. I sit down on a wooden bench, taking in the pure beauty of California on a gorgeous May afternoon. A figure saunters up to me, golden hair, blue eyes, bright smile. Jace.
"These flowers couldn't amount to the pure beauty that you possess." He flirts.
He slithers his arm over my shoulders but I shrug away.
"Hard to get aren't ya?" He jokes and winks and I almost melt.
"Something like that." I grin.
"Hey, uh do you want to...maybe go out on a date?"
"I'd like that."
"Ok great."
"I'll text you the details, so can I get your number?" I type it into his phone and he does the same.
"See ya later, Hun." He kisses my hand and saunters off again. I cringe, only James calls me "Hun".
//////JAMES//////
I step back from the window, feeling angry, upset, and mostly abandoned.
How could she do that to me? He kissed her on the first day, I could only kiss her after about 5 years! That isn't fair. She keeps so much from me and then puts it out there for him. I have decided, I hate Jace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
REALLY SHORT CHAPTER!!!!!!! SRRY SNEAKY JACE, JENNIFER SUCKS ASS. LUV you guys!🍭
🌸🌷🌹🌻🌺🌷🌺🌷🌺🌻🌹🌷🌸