Parting Ways

//////JAMES//////
Her hand makes its way to mine and I pull away.
"What happened at the party was a one time thing. It didn't mean anything."
"Well why stop it from meaning anything? You could wait a bit and I'll make it worth your while." She coaxes and I stand up.
"No. I have a girlfriend and this can't happen. I'm done with whatever this is." I demand strongly.
"James. I don't know a lot of things. But one thing I do know is that long distance relationships never last." That's true most of the time. "It's like a career in business. You need something to fall back on...or someone. She lets her sleeve fall a little off her shoulder and before I know it, I'm next to her with my lips on hers. I never knew something so crazy could happen... And I loved it. Katie was too safe-too out of reach and hard to get. You need to take a break once in a little while. Her hands in my hair, we make out for a full minute. I pull away and we fix our hair and catch our breath.
"Wow."
"Yeah...wow."
"Wow, that was amazing."
"Wow, what did I just do?"
"You fell back on me. And I think Katie has fallen too." She shows me her phone, a picture of her kissing someone in front of a moon lit sky. Something that I wish I had. I hate that guy... And Katie probably hates Bella. Too bad, I don't hate Bella. I like her. A lot.
~~~~~~
"See you later James." She blows a kiss and I smirk. I see that in the place she was sitting a silver smart phone lays on the bed. Must have slipped out of her pocket. I take the chance to put my number in as babe(James).
"Wait, Bella." I call as I run down the stairs.
I see she hasn't left yet. I hand it to her and kiss her on the cheek. She waves and walks out.
"I don't like her."
"Mom!" She always finds a way to sneak up on me.
"She may steal her house and boy friend, but he is no Katie."
"What do you mean?"
"Her skirts are too short, her perfume too strong, and her make up is excessive."
"Your rude comments are excessive, you are my supportive mother. Not a Simon Cowell." She smacks me across the face and I stare at her in shock as my cheek throbs in pain. The verse, "I can't feel my face when I'm with you." Really applies to right now.
"Don't get fresh with me, young man. I don't like the girl you have taken an interest in and you should respect my choices. Now if you act like a child you are treated like one. Go up to your room!" She lectures and I reluctantly stomp up the stairs.
"Hey." She texts.
"Hi."
"Wanna go to a party tonight?"
"I don't know if my mom will let me."
"Sneak out, duh."
"Remember I'm a clutz, not a gazelle." She sends me laughing emojis.
"You better try your best if you want me."
"Will do."
~~~~~~~~~
9:00 hits and I fake being tired to go to sleep. My mom never checks on me anymore, so I take the time to open the window and plan my escape route. And Katie said I wasn't dangerous. KATIE...shit. Doing this makes me feel like shit. And watching her with another guy makes me feel like shit. But I have to get her back. And I will do whatever it takes.
I go head first out of the window carefully climbing down the precarious branches of the tree. Where I meet Bella in front of her house.
We take a picture together with me kissing her. And post it on Instagram. Take that Katie. Oh shit, what have I done? I'm turning into something evil. I delete it and luckily it had only been up for about 2 min.
"Come on, let's go." She takes my hand and we walk together down the street-two blocks away. You could hear the thumping of the music as we approach the house. I could feel it almost shaking the ground, rattling my bones. Jake Calvin, almost as popular as Patrick. We walk up the steps together and she immediately heads to the kitchen. Never knew she drank liquor. Hard core chicks are pretty cool. She shares a beer with me and I feel awesome. It was like liquid bread that made you really happy. It was a roller coaster of emotions that night. Losing ourselves in the music and having a good time. Fist pumping with familiar faces and unfamiliar faces. Laughing, dancing, and just going with it. Forgetting all that we had ever known. Instead of having to remember things and stress as it hangs over your head by the slimmest strand. You can let go of all of the weights pulling you down. The worries melt away like chocolate in the sun. I hold her close and we just laugh as I attempt to dance. She gets another drink and I try my hand at beer pong. Nope not for me... She comes back over and leads me to a couch. She sips her drink and let's me try. A screw driver. And let me tell you-I must be screwed because she is driving me crazy. She sets her drink down and turns to look at me. Then she grabs me and kisses me right on the lips. I can tell I'm glowing. I'm Tinkerbell and I'm taking off because for once in my life, someone believes. And so do I.
After that night of completely going crazy and dancing on tables and having the time of my life...I don't know if I need Katie anymore.

~KATIE~
After that night of texts, kisses, and photography...I don't know if I need James anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1000 words... Which is not nearly as much as the last update. But this is a short little chapter to show you what James is up to. I don't like it one bit... Tell me what you think. HBD again KK
😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋