Chapter 6

Padme was sitting in Vader's room. She had finished talking to Obiwan not too long ago and was itching for something to do. Vader emerged from the fresher an annoyed expression on his face.

"Imagine my surprise when I arrive back here, only to find you weren't behind me". He started pacing back and forward in his room.

Padme had known Anakin and she recognized this behavior, he wasn't mad at her, he was mad about something or someone else and was just taking it out on her. Padme had been in this situation before and she knew what to do. At least she knew what to do when Vader was her husband. Right now she had no choice but to wait him out. Until the anger fizzled out, was that even possible for a Sith?

"I apologise, I had no choice but to obey my Queens wish's". Vader let a growl escape his throat, he'd been doing that a lot lately and it frighten Padme, seeing such a hateful sound come from Anakin's face.

It's not Anakin's face anymore she reminded herself fiercely. It's Vader's. "I would like to remind you and your Queen your under my authority for the time being and if you need to do any duties for your Queen or your planet I must be informed ahead of time. Not when I'm in my room wondering where the hell the handmaiden I had chosen has gone!" Vader screamed the last bit in Padme's face, forcing her to flinch.

Regaining control of her body she bowed her head down and replied with a blank voice. "Of course my lord, it won't happen again". It was too late though, Vader had caught her flinch and he smiled cruelly in her face keeping the distance between them limited for a couple more moments.

Finally when he pulled away from Padme's face she allowed herself to breath. It had been horrifying yet intoxicating at the same time. It had been so long since she was last so close to Anakin. If she had been confused at the time she might have even kissed him.

As soon as the thought entered her head, the face of that poor maid who had kissed Vader yesterday flashed in her mind. How could Padme have been so insensitive and stupid? This wasn't her husband anymore, it wasn't Anakin. It was a monster, who wouldn't blink twice before squeezing the air out of her lungs.

Vader had gone off to a desk fumbling with something. "Tomorrow we will look for the Jedi, until then you may finish off any work you have so you can be fully at my dispense tomorrow".

Padme nodded, picking up her holopad and writing a rushed email to her Queen. It was obvious she wouldn't be able to make the rebellion meeting tomorrow, Apailana would have to do it.

Sighing Padme started to formulate a plan to save Naboo from the Empire, with the time Vader had so 'kindly' given her.

—————————————-

It was late and Padme lay in her bed begging her mind to let her drift off to sleep. Her and Vader's room were connected to each other by a hallway, it was nice to have something separating Padme from the sleeping Sith lord, she felt safer, but not quite completely safe. There was still the balcony that both rooms shared and the fact that Vader could barge in whenever he saw if fit and murder Padme in her sleep. Uneased her.

That thought alone made Padme aware of the fact that she would get no sleep tonight. It didn't matter she hadn't really expected it either way. She would have to fill up with caf, to make sure she wouldn't do anything to piss off Vader.

The hallway that separated Padme and Vader's room had a small dining area in it. Padme started making herself a caf deciding it was never too early to start storing energy.

The palace was completely silent, leaving a nice peaceful atmosphere for Padme to finally relax in. The moon outside shone, reminding her painfully of her wedding night. Shaking the thought out of her head she sat down with a cup of caf and started reading up on some reports.