Chapter 10

"An-Anakin.." Padme could barely form her words anymore. Her vision revealed a blurry figure with a stretched out arm and blazing yellow eyes that stood out by themselves.

Padme would've been scared. But deep down she knew. She knew that Anakin wouldn't really choke her to death. And that belief was what kept her going.

She felt the force around her throat waver and her hope began to rise higher. They stayed their.. Anakin force choking Padme to the extend where just enough air was allowed in her lungs for her to breathe but she still felt discomfort.

She could feel it in the room, in her bones even if she couldn't see Vaders face. She could feel his conflict.

Opening her mouth to plead again, to plead for Anakin, Padme was interrupted by a ringing sound.

The force around her neck let go and Padme felt her feet touch the ground lightly.

Vaders face didn't show anger anymore, it didn't show regret either. His expression screamed with panic as he whirled Around to his holo table a 60 second timer counting down.

"You need to hide in the closet NOW." His voice wasn't angry it merely stated the sentence like it was a fact.

Padme knew he wasn't going to choke her again. She had him in a vulnerable position and she wasn't about to lose it.

Crossing her arms she stayed put. "No." Anakin spun to face her. He was basically sweating at this point.

"It wasn't an option. I was telling you". The sentence would've been threatening if Anakin's voice didn't sound like a nervous teenager.

Padme stayed where she was challenging Vader with her eyes. She kept her expression blank and her mouth set in a firm line.

Vaders face broke, his brow scrunching up. "Padme...". His voice was pleading. It no longer held threat or anger. He was basically begging her to go.

Feeling the shift in his mood was enough. She had won this round, turning on her heel without as much as another glance Padme climbed into Vaders wardrobe, just as the holo table formed a pixelised Emperor.

The clothes in Vaders wardrobe contained of black cloaks and boots. Not to Padmes surprise. It was the most boring selection of clothes she had ever seen. And if she and Anakin still lived together she would've burned at least half of them.

Padme had left the door of the wardrobe open a small crack so she could see what was going on outside.

Vader was on one knee his head bowed. "What is thy bidding my master".

If Anakin 6 months ago had been told he would be kneeling in front of someone calling them master Padme knew he would've caused all the glasses in their apartment to shatter.

The glitching blue Emperor laughed before signalling for Vader to stand.

"Enough with the pleasantries my boy I need the report on Naboo".

Padme watched as Vader shifted uncomfortably. Had he not been doing what he was suppose to?

The Emperor seemed also to notice because his voice took a dark turn and Padme felt the room drop in temperature. How was that possible? He wasn't even here in person.

"Don't tell me you haven't been solemnly focused on the mission at hand Lord Vader".

Padme cringed at the way Palpatine said Anakin's sith name. But kept listening. "You should have figured out by now that this was a test as much as an importance to the Empire. It is no secret that we need to claim Naboo, but I could've sent any idiot to do that. You were sent there to prove your complete dedication to the Empire".