Chapter 9

After Vader left the room Padme was stuck in there for what felt like hours. She was brought food and drink and was quite well taken care of by M267 considering she was a prisoner.

Vader hadn't come back once and Padme found herself longing for his arrival like she had when they were married.

She told herself it was because she craved to talk to a real human being. Even if she didn't consider Vader a human as much as an monster.

Padme had spend hours thinking over her last encounter with Vader. Everytime she revisited the memory of him crying she became less and less sure that she had done the right thing. Maybe the man she had loved had really been in there in the room with her.

The idea made Padme sick and heartbroken at the same time. If she had spoken that way to Anakin, even after all the horrible things she could imagine he had done she wouldn't be able to forgive herself. She still loved him.

The thought was as shocking as a slap of reality. Padme knew she had never really stopped loving him. She had just pushed him away. Thought of him as dead. As Vader who was someone else, someone evil who shared the same face. But still being able to admit that to herself was scary. She had to be careful.

The door hissed signalling that it had opened and Padme straightened up just like every other time the door had opened and she had been disappointed to find M267 come in.

This time however she didn't see the familiar medical droid. Instead Vader strode in a Empire general on one side and a dark trooper on the other.

His eyes blazed yellow and his mouth was set in a
straight line. All signs of the tears he had shed before was completely gone. Erased from oblivion. Padme felt her heart start to sink.

Vader wasn't the first one to speak. Instead a general with a data pad stepped up next to Vader. His voice clear and commanding.

"Queme ....." he paused a confused look spreading on his face. "Uhh what's your last name?".

Padme had barely heard the question. Anakin was hiding her identity? Or had he just not been bothered to inform his general? The people of the Empire seemed not to have recognised her from the senate she put that as a win.

Realising she had been silent long Padme realised she had to say something quick. Skywalker was out of question. She wouldn't give Vader that pleasure nor put herself in that risk.

"Uhh Kenobi.." she replied her mind drifting to Obiwan. He would be worried that he hadn't heard from her yet. She prayed that he didn't go looking for her. She didn't need him risking his life for her.

"Kenobi..." the general muttered back inserting the fake last name on his data pad.

Vaders face noticeably flashed in anger and Padme felt uncomfortable. Getting up from her bed she slowly put on her shoes unaware of what would happen next.

The voice of the general rang through the room again. "Queme Kenobi the Empire has invited you as a guest on Lord Vader's private cruiser. The invitation is a luxury with no as for now seen end".

Padme felt panic rise in her chest. She was a prisoner with an infinite sentence. She dared a glance at Vader his eyes were cold and unemotional.

Padme felt a lump form in her throat. She has been wrong. He husband was truly gone.

"Follow us". Came the voice of the dark trooper, the 3 servants of the Empire turned on their heels and followed Vader.

Following reluctantly Padme thought of Luke and Leia, and her poor mother. Hopefully Alpiana had contacted her mother and she could get a hold of Obiwan. Padme had to tell herself that was what was happening for the twins.