5. Deception

Maxi yelled a muffled cry as a hand clamped painfully down on her jaw, no doubt leaving a bruise there and she felt herself hauled backwards, as someone held her tightly. Writhing violently, Maxi screamed, kicking back and slamming her foot down on her attackers foot. He groaned, but flinched when she slammed the sole of shoe against his shin. His grip loosened and Maxi yanked his hand down and roughly bit down on the mans hand.

Maxi squirmed away from his hold, turning to slam her bedroom door close but an arm shot out, preventing her but she tried to crush his arm with the door. But the man was far more stronger and slammed the door open. Maxi stumbled with a yelp, her heart thundering violently with panic as she met unfamiliar eyes that were cold but sneering down at her. He was slender and youngish but cruel looking as he stormed for her and Maxi opened her mouth to scream-

Only to duck as the man threw a closed fist at her.

Oh god! Oh god! HELP! SOMEONE HELP!

Maxi ran past him, throwing the door open, only to be grabbed from behind and raised high and her legs kicked out harshly, slamming the door with a bang and her head suddenly slammed backwards. Her attacker yelped, groaning as he clutched his nose, throwing Maxi back and slamming her against her vanity, knocking items off. Maxi yelped, as she felt a tug on her braid and grabbing the first thing she could, she slammed it into his face. A brush. It's brush side cut across his face and poked his eye and he yelped, backing off. Maxi threw herself off the vanity, running around and bending down to pick up a book that had fallen on the floor, and slamming it down on the top of his head. He groaned, clutching the top of his head as he flinched down. Maxi didn't dare stop, swinging the book across the mans face, knocking him aside.

Panting in shock, Maxi didn't hesitate, spinning on her feet as she yanked the door open and turned-

Right into someone's chest.

"T-thank god! H-help m-m-me! S-someone in my r-room," Maxi turned pointing to her bedroom where a stumbling figure slinked out, grabbing his bloody nose as he glared at her viciously and Maxi flinched but relieved to have found a guard-

"Such a shame," A cold voice whispered in her ears sending goosebumps down her spine. "No one is here."

What? Maxi started to spin around, her mouth opening to scream-

Only for an arm to suddenly wrap around her throat, cutting her air off as she squeaked in horror, clutching the thick arm as it tightened around her neck and he laughed in her ear.

"Shame no one can hear you now."

---

"Sir Wizard. Sir Karon."

"What is it?" Ruth muttered, glaring at the early sunrise and wishing he was in bed already but his tone hardened at the imposing tone of the knight.

"You need to see this." Karon and Ruth glanced at each other confused but followed the knight through the courtyards and pass the castle walls where sitting on the road, behind a lump of boulders was a-

"A wagon?"

"Yes sir but look inside." The knight muttered darkly as he opened the door of the large, thick wooden door with an ominous creak and the stench of rotten meat and mangy wet mutt was thick and musky. Ruth's nose twitched in disgust but his horror spiked as Elliot hissed in shock.