Ch 8

Selena's POV

So I'm done healing and Cole is throwing a house party for some of his friends and well obviously I'm invited.
And he invited some of his new friends he made.
" I need your help, So Summer is baby sitting the kids since they barley know her and Adenzia is busy doing something so I need help, I can't find my hoops" Esma says
" Girl you let me borrow them" I hold up her diamond earrings.
I wonder what Adenzia is doing, she did all of her work and she dropped Aleksander off with Summer.
" Okay so thank you but have you seen Zia lately? She's been MIA" Esma asks.
I shake my head.
" She's been avoiding everyone lately." I say
" I hope she's okay" Esma says putting on her earrings.
I stare at her
She has ever girls dream body and dark tan skin.
She has her hair straight and she redid her Purple streaks in her hair.
She's wearing a tight white dress.
And black heels.
" Can you help me find a dress?" I ask.
She nods. " Pink?" I ask
I nod. She knows my favorite color is pink.
She runs to my closet and a few minutes later she's holding a Pink glittery dress and a pair of white heels
Yes.
Just yes I will wear that outfit.
It's pink and glittery.
Perfect.
I get dressed and I decide not to straighten my hair no more.
I used to straighten my hair every day and it killed my hair.
Due to me being mixed I have really thick curly hair.
Zia has the exact same hair and she never dyed it, she straightened it a couple of times but hers is healthy.
Alessandro is Lucky, his hair is straight.
I sighed.
" I'm going to do a makeup look I saw on Instagram,okay?" Esma asks me.
I nod.
She always does wonderful makeup.
" What did you want to be when you finished college?" I ask.
" Sel you know I never finished college, but before all of this I wanted to become a fashion designer. I already had it planned out, I would've Did peoples makeup and hair and gotten money for fashion school, and I would've worked my ass hard"  she says.
" Do you regret being in this life style?" I ask with curiosity.
She stops for a moment.
" No, this life style saved our lives, if we never had this opportunity then we still would've been working our asses off just to pay bills, I still would've worked for Lucas getting harassed, Zia and Ry would have still been working hard in street fights and getting hurt to just survive" she says looking down at my makeup she was applying.
" So you're happy with the way your life turned out? You're an assassin and your husband is a mafia leader at a young age? Your son will be in this life style until he dies and even after"
Esma stops for a moment.
" My son will have an opportunity to grow up to be whatever he wants to be, if he wants to be a chef or even a astronaut then he will have money and love, something Zia,Ryder, or I never had.  If he wants to be apart of this life style then that's fine with me, I can't control his life. He's so young and so full of life. He will have dreams and he will follow then. Because he has support of his aunts and uncles and his parents"
I smile. " You're a great mother"
She smiles, " It's easy to love your child, and to support them no matter what. I never knew why parents these days hate their children. I still don't. Milo isn't my child my blood but I still love him as my own, and yet My parents left me for no reason" she looks down after she mentioned her parents.
She quickly smiled " I'm fine though, I don't like talking about my parents"
" I'm sorry" I apologize, Esma is like a sister to me and it makes me sad when she's sad.
Her parents are assholes for leaving her when she was younger.
And Esma did everything she could to stay with Adenzia.
She got in trouble so much times and got kicked out of houses just to stay with my sister.
I don't understand how parents can have you and give you up so quickly.
My Abuela had parents like that.
They left her alone in the streets.
But then she met my Abuelo and he took care of her.
Then she gave birth to A son and a daughter.
She stayed even through they didn't have money.
Not until my Abuelo became a con man
He taught my mom, her sister and brother.
Unfortunately her sister, my Tia died when she was 19. My mom was 23.
And my Tio was 25.
It really impacted them.
Because they don't really have any family.
But my mom made sure I have family and love.
" Sel?" Esma says my name and I blink.
" Sorry, day dreaming" I say quickly.
She gives a half smile.
" Anyways Zia texted me and said she'll meet us"
I nod.
Hm, I wonder how much alcohol I can drink.
Hmmmmmm, Do I need Tony to be my driver?
Nah I should just sleep there.
Layla and Cole love my ass.
" Am I ready?" I ask Esma.
She nods.
Let's get this shit on the road.
As we walk out of My room I see Ryder talking to my dad.
" Hey wassup" I say
Ryder looks over at us and so does my dad.
" Nothin much disco ball" Eyder jokes.
But his tone of voice doesn't seem like a joke.
It seems like he was attempting to do one and failed.
Weird he can always make one.
" Is everything okay?" Esma asks.
" I'll tell you later, Okay?"
Esma nods.
" You guys go to the party, I'll meet you there" Ryder says.
" Okay..." my voice trails off.
Now I'm no Empath, but I do know something is wrong.
I'll ask Dad about it later.
At this time Marco comes in the door and goes straight to my dad and Ryder.
All of them go to my dads office.
What the hell is going on?
" Let's go, they're going to tell us later" Esma says tugging me.
We go down the stairs and I decide to go into the kitchen where my mom is.
She's talking to my brothers.
" Mama, what's going on with dad?" I ask.
Mom gives me a weird look " What do you mean baby?"
" Ryder, Dad and Marco are acting weird" I say.
" It's nothing," Alessandro says, shutting me down.
" What-"
" Selena" Alessandro says my name sternly.
Making sure I get the message, that says " Shut up, I'll tell you later"
"SelSel" My brother says walking to me.
I picked him up.
" Hey little one" I say
He smiles.
Leo is the baby, he's So sweet but then again he is a toddler I bet he'll grow mean in a few years.
" Patay" he says but I know he means Party.
I nod my head. "Mhm yeah Esma and I are going to a party" I stare at Esma but she is talking to Mom and Alessandro left.
What's with his attitude lately?
" Adenzia texted she said to hurry up" Esma says taking a bite out of an apple from the bowl of fruit on the table.
" Okay well I gotta go there's something I got to do at the hotel" my mom kisses me and then Leo and waves goodbye at Esma.
My mom has three companies.
A hotel, a fashion corp, and then there's te illegal one but I'm not going to say that right now so I wonder which one she's going to right now?
I grabbed Leo and quickly took him to his room and texted dad letting him know that we're leaving and mom left to do something at her company.
Did he respond? Nope.
Dummy daddy.
By the time I go to the car Esma is glaring at me.
" What?" I look at her innocently.
She rolls her eyes and speeds away to Cole's house.
Normally it takes about 15 minutes but Esma is speeding so it takes less than 5 minutes and she almost gave me a heart attack.
" Okay so let's go now" she says getting out of the car.
I get out and my legs are shaky.
Bitch
We knock at Coles door and Layla answer
" GINGER SNAPPER" I tell and hug her.
"  Fuck off" Layla laughs.
I laugh too but then I see a person behind her.
Damn.
He's tall, light tan skin and blue green eyes, light brown hair and he looks classy.
I nod my head towards him, " Whose he?" I ask.
She turns her head.
" That's Brendan , he's a new friend,"  she says.
" How new of a friend?" Esma asks,
I know what she's thinking. She wants to see if he's trustworthy or if he's just a Acquaintance.
" Just met him he's quieter then Marco"
Shit that's a whole quiet kid vibes.
"He's polite and nice though," She says.
Esma and I put our jackets in her coat closet and I Check him out while Esma and Layla go get something to drink.
I was about to go and talk to him but then a familiar face stopped me.
Kathrine, My old friend.
We stopped being friends after she moved.
It sucked but it was fine since she wasn't my best friend.
I decided to go somewhere else for the party.
"You look beautiful"
I turn and Tony is Handing me a drink.
"Thank you" I say
" Did your dad tell you?" Tomy asks me,
And at this moment I decide to find out what they were talking about.
"Yes"