And the World Froze

"Merlin, how do they even get music this loud?"

Draco is calling to me over the sound of bass-heavy songs pumping through the Gryffindor common room as we walk in, immediately flooded with laughter, singing, and chatter from all around us. I chuckle, crossing my arms as we walk.

"Fred surely came up with some sort of spell," I call back. "I still can't believe he's throwing this thing after the last one."

"It's Fred Weasley," Draco replies. "Of course he is."

We meet up with Angelina, who is already sweating bullets due to the fact that Harley is at the party, too, and we obviously push her to go up and talk with her. I have a funny feeling Harley already has a thing for Angelina, but Angelina is so clueless that she won't see it, or admit it. But after a whole lot of encouragement, we send her off, watching as she bravely approaches Harley standing at the drink table, pouring herself something.

"We have to keep an eye on them," Draco says to me as we lean against the wall, eyeing our nerve-racked friend. "If I miss their first make-out tonight, I'll never forgive myself."

"You and me both," I agree. "They will. There's gonna be a kiss, for sure."

We end up laughing and talking for a bit against the wall, not bothering with drinks yet until Harry approaches us with a smile and three sets of shots. I accept one of them but urge him no more for me tonight.

"What're your holiday plans, Jo?" he asks with one arm around Draco.

"I'll be with my mum," I reply, lightly bobbing my head to the music as we talk. "Small Christmas with her and a couple of cousins, and her sister. I'm looking forward to it."

"I'll miss you around here," Harry says. "Hopefully I can see this one, at least."

He nods to Draco, leaning in to kiss him lightly on the neck and pulling away with a smile. Draco rolls his eyes.

"Of course, you can," he says. "I'll be needing to. You know my needs."

"Blegh," I grimace, but I'm fighting a laugh.

"Well, who knows," Harry shrugs, looking back out into the party. "I'm sure I can find some time for you to meet the folks."

Draco's eyes go wide as saucers. I cover my mouth, hiding a delighted grin. Draco stares at Harry in panic.

"Folks, as in..." he stammers, "like, your folks? Folks as in parents? Your parents?"

Harry looks at him, casual as ever. "Yes, as in my parents. Who else?"

Draco gulps. Harry laughs.

"Something wrong with that?" he pushes up his glasses.

"No," Draco blurts, shaking his head repeatedly. "Nothing is wrong. That's not terrifying at all. I'm perfectly fine. Are there more shots?"

Harry chuckles, kissing his cheek. "You're adorable."

"I'm not adorable," Draco says. "I am a Malfoy."

"An adorable Malfoy."

"Fuck you."

"Later, sweetheart."

I laugh, and Harry winks at me with a total I've got this kid wrapped around my finger.

"I think I'll investigate the drink table," I tell them over the music. "Behave over here, yeah?"

"No promises," Harry says.

I roll my eyes and point a finger at my mouth, making him laugh as Draco lightly pushes Harry, but Harry only uses his arm to pull him in, trapping him against the wall with a kiss. I chuckle and leave them alone, heading for the drinks.