Productivity

My face has reddened far, far more than two seconds ago.

Angelina, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Jack, Alicia, and George are all standing in front of Fred and me, staring in disbelief, mouths open and eyes wide as saucers. Fred and I are directly across from them like deer in headlights.

Angelina is the first to say something after Ginny's exclamation: "were you just snogging my best friend?"

"Oh my god," George says.

"This is mad." Harry is slowly shaking his head. "This is absolutely mad."

"Oh my god," George repeats.

"Guys, please, just..." Fred starts, rubbing his forehead, "please don't-"

"WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?" Ginny practically shrieks.

"Ginny!" Fred snaps. "Would you keep it down?"

"NO!"

"Jo?!" Angelina looks at my pink face, eyebrows completely raised. "Were you going to think of telling me this? Answer Ginny's question!"

"Yes, please," Ron begs.

I gulp, picking at the fabric inside my coat pockets. "I- erm-"

"She doesn't have to answer that," Fred cuts my nervous stammering off.

"Then you answer it," Ron jabs a finger at his brother.

While Fred and I are trying to find some sort of phrasing to explain ourselves while staring back at them through flushed faces, there is one thing that I'm noticing, clear as day- they're all smiling.

Like, huge smiles. Ones of shock, of course, but the minute they saw us, it was like a light switch on all of their faces.

"Why do you all look..." I say, flicking my eyes between them, "...so smiley?"

"Fred can tell you that," Jack smirks, crossing his arms.

"Jack, shut up," Fred snaps.

"Wow, you'd think he'd be more friendly after snogging this one-"

"George," Fred hisses at his twin.

They're laughing, now. And I'm turning to Fred, who's running his hands over his face. His ears are pink. It almost makes me giggle.

"I can't believe this," Ginny has her hands on her cheeks as she shakes her head. "I can't even believe this. I mean- this is-"

"Insane?" Harry says.

"Overdue?" Angelina says.

"Hilarious?" Ron suggests.

"Wait, Ang, did you just say overdue?" I'm looking at her now.

"Look," Fred finally says, firmly looking between all of them, "we weren't exactly planning on this many people- well, I mean, anyone, really- knowing this early-"

"So it happened recently?" Alicia asks excitedly. "Today?"

"A week ago?" Harry tries.

"Last night?" Angelina pushes.

"That's not the point!" Fred snaps.

The team snickers, looking at each other with satisfaction. Fred sighs, rubbing his temples.

"The point is..." he says, "...could you please not share it with the entirety of the school's population? It's not... that big of a deal..."