"Fred": 100 FOLLOWER SPECIAL!

A special one-shot request for a 100 follower special! Thank you so much to all of my wonderful supporters! You deserve this and everything lovely in the world. 

Please enjoy! <3

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Saturday, September 2nd: Two days after students have arrived

There's something about her.

I was going to get another drink last night at that party. I was. I was sitting on the couch, taking a break from the horde of people who are, to be fair, some of my friends, but others simply partygoers who I found myself drowned in amidst the initial craziness. It always goes that way.

I was taking that break and sipping my second drink of the night, a mere solo cup of Lobe-Blaster liquor, and planning on getting another one when I saw her.

And when I called her over from looking at books, drowning out the rest of the party, we started talking, and the more I spoke to her, the soberer I wanted to be, so I ditched the second-drink idea. I didn't want to risk being even an ounce drunk when I was talking to her.

"I think people want an escape," is what she said. I asked her why she thinks people go to these things. These huge, late-night parties where everyone acts the same. She thinks they want an escape.

Then I smiled, and I eyed her watching the dance floor with a dull curiosity because I realized that she was my escape at that moment. I barely knew her, having only spoken to her briefly in Potions about Flobberworms, but when I sat on the couch next to her and listened to her talk about things I'd never heard anyone talk about before at this school, it was an escape.

It's like the party wasn't there.

Then she said she wasn't pretty. That interested me- it seemed like something so surface-level like that wouldn't be on her mind. She said she wasn't a "pretty girl", and that's why she was kicked out of that French school, Beauxbatons.

When she said it, I had a sudden urge to reply with, "that's ridiculous", because she did look quite pretty, and I thought it would be polite. But then I got a weird feeling in my stomach and swallowed the response instead.

Then Jacob came over and asked me to talk him up to some girl he was trying to shag, and I had to leave. I stood up and thought about telling her one last thing that communicated how she was way too good to be at this party, she would remember me.

So I said: "don't get drunk and give a guy a lap dance. I think you're too cool for that."

Smooth, Weasley.

But she smiled, and I kind of stared at it for a second and replied sarcastically, and I knew I would at least remember her.

As I'm now leaning against the wall with Jacob and a couple of other friends, along with a few girls including Ella Walker and her friend that Jacob was trying to shack up, I try to keep my eye on her through the crowd.

"Hey, who was that over there?" Jacob asks over the music.

I break out of my focus. "Huh? What?"

"That girl on the couch," he says. "You were sitting there. Did you talk to her? I haven't seen her around."

"Oh." I scratch my neck. "She's new."

"Makes sense," he shrugs. "Kind of stood out, you know?"

Yeah.