MSMC Bk 1-Chapter 6

Chapter 6-Grave Diggers attack

Doc left Rooster's office and continued up to the second floor. Once he was in his room, he quickly picked out clean clothes and headed in to take a shower. 20 minutes later, he had shaved, showered and was dressed again. He headed back downstairs and saw Rooster at the bar having a beer with Hunter and Boomer. Doc nodded at Rooster who immediately nodded and Doc walked down the hall and entered the clinic again. He found Dixie and Charlie laughing together, Charlie complaining for Dixie to stop making her laugh because it made her ribs hurt.

"Oh stop, stop! It hurts to laugh so much." Charlie wheezed as she held her ribs.

"What's the joke? I need a good laugh too." Doc said as he approached Charlie's bed.

"Just girl stuff, Doc. You wouldn't get it." Dixie grinned at him. She would not share some of the silly things she had done with Rooster on some of their earlier dates. She was enjoying her time with Charlie. She made her feel like she was back in high school, having a sleepover with a girlfriend.

"Okay. Well, I hope I don't kill the mood but I have to ask Charlie something. Charlie, Prez needs to come and talk to you. Now he understands that you are afraid of all men right now and will not come close to the bed and yes, Dixie can stay right here with you. Are you going to be okay with that?" Doc asked.

Charlie looked at Dixie who patted her hand and told her "The Prez is my husband and would never hurt you. Don't worry. I'll be right here and will make him leave if he upsets you. Okay?" Dixie assured her.

Charlie took a deep breath, swallowed and then nodded her head.

Doc walked back over to the door and pushed it open. As he suspected, Rooster was standing just outside, waiting. He slowly followed Doc inside the room and let the door swing closed behind him. Being cautious to keep his voice down and as gentle as he could, he greeted Charlie with a slight smile. "Hi, Charlie. My name is Rooster. I'm the President of this club. How are you feeling?" he asked softly.

Charlie peeked up at him through her lashes and held tightly to Dixie's hand as she replied quietly "Much better, thank you. Thank you for rescuing me. I just wish you could have gotten there a couple of days earlier."

"I do too, sweetheart. If we had known what was happening, we would have, believe me. But I want to reassure you that the men that hurt you won't ever be able to hurt you or anyone else again." Rooster assured her.

"Thank you!" Charlie said again.

"Charlie, what I had to talk to you about is I have contacted an old friend of ours about helping you. He and his wife run a place called the Rescue Farm where they take in abused, molested and neglected kids, mostly girls. They have a doctor on call as well as a psychologist that will help you more than we could. Papa Joe is the only man in the house and knows to keep a respectful distance until you feel safe enough around him. He's very much like Doc here in personality. He's going to come with a young lady who has been through much the same as you but from what I understand was much worse. I think he said her name is Marley. She's going to be the one to talk to you and will ride with you all the way there."

"Will Dixie be able to go with me? Just for the ride?" Was the first question out of her mouth.

"No. I'm sorry. The address and location of the Rescue Farm is kept secret for the safety of the kids and young women who stay there with them. They are very protective of the kids and if they allowed people to come and go, the location could be compromised." Rooster said.

"Will it be okay if I stay in touch with her?" Charlie asked, as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Of course, sweetheart. You can call me anytime, even if it's just to talk." Dixie assured her.