MSMC Bk -Chapter 15

Chapter 15-The Rescue Farm comes to the clubhouse

The next hour and a half was, I think, the longest of my life. No one came at us and I was so relieved when Joe's bus and their SUV pulled in led by Rooster and Boomer, followed by a patrol car with Sheriff MacIntosh. Behind them were another two patrol cars and the rest of our members.

I told our men, "Make yourselves scarce. These girls are terrified of men because of what they've been through. Once they are in bed, you can come back in but we keep the noise down while they are here."

All of the men left to go to their rooms or outside to the back patio to smoke and finish their beers without complaint and I opened the front door to let them in. Mama Mae came in carrying the youngest child, a 3 year old little girl named Bailey. She recognized me from the park and she happily waved at me. Mae also had hold of the other youngest child, Tina, who was 4. She held on to Mama Mae's skirt and hid behind her but kept peeking out at me. I smiled at her and she timidly smiled back.

The four older girls came in huddled together, holding hands with terrified looks on their faces. They stuck very close together and as close to Mama Mae as they could get.

Aunt Chris came in with the next two little girls, Christie, who is 6 and Sara, who is 10. Charlie was with Papa Joe and Max. Max had a hold of Papa Joe's hand but ran to me when he spotted me.

"Where's my Marley? Is she okay?" Max wanted to know.

"Hi Max. She's down in the safe room. We can go see her soon. How about you help Charlie, Mama Mae and Aunt Chris get the little ones settled. You'll be staying with me and Marley in our room, okay?" I knelt down to talk to him and he nodded enthusiastically.

"Come on Charlie! Let's go help with the babies." He said, importantly.

Papa Joe followed in with four young men, ranging from 18 to 21 and another old man that Papa Joe introduced as Bill. "Bill is our foreman. He takes care of the boys and teaches them about the animals and farming. Bill was a large quiet man with dark brown hair that was close cut to his head and lively brown eyes. I noticed that he kept a close eye on Aunt Chris. All of the young men nodded as they were introduced. All of them were muscular but not really large and they ranged in height from 5'6" to well over 6'. Bill introduced them as "Jerry" (18), Mike (19) Jeffery (20) and Brandon (21). All of them shook our hands as they looked around curiously.

Rooster came in and said, "Welcome to the Monster Slayers MC clubhouse. This is the main room and yes, we use it as a bar/dining area. The kitchen is that way, he pointed off to the right, the rest of the first floor is offices and meeting hall, a library and a games room and a movie room and there's even a playroom for the kids. This is not our first go around with having little ones on property but we've just never had so many at once.

Upstairs are all of the bedrooms and we've arranged for you beds for the adults and cots for the little kids in the adults rooms. You older kids will have to double up. I hope that is okay? We're not really set up to house this many but you are all welcome to stay as long as necessary." Rooster told them. "To you kids, I know we all look big and scary to you but none of the men here will hurt you, that I promise you."

"We thank you, Rooster. We really appreciate this." Mama Mae said. "Well, it's late. I think we'd better get these kids settled in. They will most likely be up early. We brought some food goods with us to help feed all these hungry mouths. If you can help us get it in from the back of the SUV?"

"Sure." Rooster then told some of the prospects to go unload the back of the SUV.

Mama Mae, Aunt Chris, Bill and Papa Joe and Charlie all led the kids upstairs and with Max giving orders to the kids, they all got ready for bed. Max was standing at the top of the stairs peeking down when I came up carrying Marley, who was still asleep.